Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NSV that brought me to tears!

This is my first time posting, however I have been following since right before my surgery. I had a NSV that brought me to tears this 4th of July weekend and thought I would share. To some it may sound silly. I have 3 children 14, 4 and 2. I have been over weight all my life. When my 14 yr old was younger I was never able to take her on rides at carnvials or things like that as I was to big. In fact one time I tried but, had to get off because the lap thing wouldn't go down. Thankfully, she was to young to understand or remember. I of course was embarrassed beyond belief and remember it well.

This weekend we took our kids to the 4th of July carnival and I was able to take my youngest on rides. I was able to sitwith them on the ride and I was able to get in a Trauma one helicopter without being told I was too big.

I still have a ways to go but finally feel like a good mom to all my kids. Thanks for letting me share!

Edited by Katie74

Congratulations's !!!!!!!!huge congratulations that is an enormous accomplishment .....and to think you were able to do this Before for your 14-year-old became an adult..... that's wonderful and trust me you were already a wonderful mom .....now you're a wonderful mom who can ride on rides with you kids ;-)

Shel

Thank you so much for the kind words!

I was too slow. I wanted to say the same thing as BabySheldon. The fact that you were restricted by your weight does not mean that you were not a great mother. Anyway, congratulations on your weight loss.

I was too slow. I wanted to say the same thing as BabySheldon. The fact that you were restricted by your weight does not mean that you were not a great mother. Anyway, congratulations on your weight loss.

Thank you. I guess I should say I feel like a more involved mom.

Thanks for sharing your story of victory. It is really encouraging and shows how this thing you have seemingly done for yourself and your health has a positive ripple effect into the world. When we improve ourselves, it makes the world a better place. Wishing you continued success.

Thanks for sharing your story of victory. It is really encouraging and shows how this thing you have seemingly done for yourself and your health has a positive ripple effect into the world. When we improve ourselves, it makes the world a better place. Wishing you continued success.

Thank you so much

Good for you! That's what the surgery is all about, creating a new, better lifestyle!

BLESS YOUR HEART!!!!!!! I had the exact thing happen to me only my daughter was 15 and felt as embarrassed for me as I did for myself. I had to get off the ride and everyone was looking at me. In my typical nature, I made a joke about it and laughed if off while I was DYING on the inside. Now. Not only did we go to Disney and I rode every ride, we went to a WATERPARK this past week and I proudly rocked a 2 piece. These are HUGE wins which is what I try to remind earlu sleevers of. It is worth EVERY struggle. GO US!!!

BLESS YOUR HEART!!!!!!! I had the exact thing happen to me only my daughter was 15 and felt as embarrassed for me as I did for myself. I had to get off the ride and everyone was looking at me. In my typical nature, I made a joke about it and laughed if off while I was DYING on the inside. Now. Not only did we go to Disney and I rode every ride, we went to a WATERPARK this past week and I proudly rocked a 2 piece. These are HUGE wins which is what I try to remind earlu sleevers of. It is worth EVERY struggle. GO US!!!

I just saw your picture....you look AMAZING!!!! Congrats on the rides and the 2 piece....you are rockin' it. I have struggled with some complications in the beginning and also not seeing a difference in the mirror. I still see myself 100 lbs heavier, I couldn't argue with sitting in the ride! It is all worth it!!!! Congrats again and God bless yours and everyone's journey!

Thank You for sharing. I have avoided the amusement park the last 2 years for that exact reason. I had my surgery last month and look forward to taking my 9 yr old to the amusement park this fall.

Thank You for sharing. I have avoided the amusement park the last 2 years for that exact reason. I had my surgery last month and look forward to taking my 9 yr old to the amusement park this fall.

I made up excuses for 14yrs! I know you will feel amazing when you're able to get in! Best of luck on your journey!!! :)

I just saw your picture....you look AMAZING!!!! Congrats on the rides and the 2 piece....you are rockin' it. I have struggled with some complications in the beginning and also not seeing a difference in the mirror. I still see myself 100 lbs heavier, I couldn't argue with sitting in the ride! It is all worth it!!!! Congrats again and God bless yours and everyone's journey!

I too still see myself heavy. I wear a size 2 and for some reason it just doesn't register. In fact, my husband jokingly said I've become conceded because I'm constantly in the mirror when the truth is, I keep looking in the mirror because I still don't recognize myself. Like you said, you can't argue with fitting in the rides and wearing a smaller size. Hopefully we'll both come into our own. God Bless YOU!!!

<p>Thank You for sharing. I have avoided the amusement park the last 2 years for that exact reason. I had my surgery last month and look forward to taking my 9 yr old to the amusement park this fall.</p>

I'm excited for you!! It's great being a participant in life rather than a spectator. Rock your sleeve!!!