Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Good morning everyone,

I'm three days out of surgery...has not been a easy three days to say the least. After drinking I have been having a kinda of like heart burn feeling, like a ball of pressure, has anyone else had that feeling? If so how did you handle it? Any help motivation would be greatly appreciated.

I had that issue (I think I know what you mean) and still do sometimes. For me it felt like stuff was going in faster then the air could come out and it just kind of got stuck. Gas strips helped a little. Usually after I burped a couple times it would letup. Sometimes I get hiccups and then the feeling will go away.

I would suggest eating slower and always having some type of gas relieving meds handy. If it keeps up, you need to talk to your doc about it. Hope this helps a little bit....

I am 4 days post op, and I know the exact feeling your having. It does go away slowly, but it definitely discouraged me from wanting to sip fluids when I get a sharp pain/ball of gas in my chest with each sip. I walk laps in my house and it definitely helped me burp up some of the gas. Just take small sips and do the best you can. That feeling does suck, but it becomes less and less with each day.

Thanks you both for the responses....I don't feel as alone that I'm the only feeling this way!

8 Days post op. Had the same thing. Walking helps.....as much as your belly is sore from the incisions....walking really does help. I felt much better when I did and it helped get rid of the gas.....passing gas and burping! :) Small sips of warm or hot liquids helped me....I drank a LOT of hot tea the first 5 days. It also makes your new belly feel good!

<p>8 Days post op. Had the same thing. Walking helps.....as much as your belly is sore from the incisions....walking really does help. I felt much better when I did and it helped get rid of the gas.....passing gas and burping! :) Small sips of warm or hot liquids helped me....I drank a LOT of hot tea the first 5 days. It also makes your new belly feel good! </p>

how do you feel now? Are you feeling better with the gas and all do that?

<p>8 Days post op. Had the same thing. Walking helps.....as much as your belly is sore from the incisions....walking really does help. I felt much better when I did and it helped get rid of the gas.....passing gas and burping! :) Small sips of warm or hot liquids helped me....I drank a LOT of hot tea the first 5 days. It also makes your new belly feel good! </p>

Yes I am much better. Everyday seems to be less gas, less pain, less burping. I can drink normally, regular sips.

I had my surgery July 2nd. I've had surgery before, but the first 2 hours in the recovery room were agonizing. The most pain I've ever felt. Then it got better incredibly quickly, I haven't had any significant nausea or pain from the sleeve itself, just the surgical sites. I can drink as much as I want to, in pretty normal sized sips - my major challenge there is desire. I'm thirsty but have no hunger sensation at all. My biggest obstacle is that I now have bronchitis from the anesthesia. I am walking a lot and using the spirometer but I still got bronchitis which is awful because it hurts to cough, I came home with 8lbs (!!!) of extra Fluid to get rid of, and that is coming off slowly, so I am looking forward to actually losing after the IVF weight is gone. I am still taking the pain meds as I can tell when they are wearing off and it is still pretty sore. I'm going to take them 1-2 more days and then get even more active. broth last night tasted horrible so I'm sticking to my Isopure. I can get one of those down a day and then a little more with tea and Water. Because I haven't had any nausea, I was getting paranoid that somehow I imagined the sleeve was done. I'm sure I'll be laughing at that one pretty soon! :rolleyes:

I am in a similar boat- 6 days post-op. Yesterday I was finally back to my day of surgery weight and today another 4 pounds down, which feels awesome. My main struggle is reducing my need for the pain meds- I tried Tylenol only yesterday and I was not a happy camper. I did take a dose of the prescription stuff this morning and I will see if I can manage without another dose today- my motivation is that I really want to start driving again tomorrow (short distances) so I can run some easy errands.