Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

my only true concern- surgery in less than a week

I'm set for surgery in 4 days. I couldn't be more excited. I had my final pre-op appointment with my surgeon today and all is well. I'm not nervous, scared, I have no doubts that this is what I want, and what I need. The only thing that scares me (aside from being off work for 2 weeks without pay) is the fact that I'm convinced I will have loose skin. I've had 6 kids and I honestly don't think this ol' belly has any elasticity left in her. Anyone else scared of this more than anything? I'd really love to hear from anyone who's experiencing the saggy skin issue and if it's gotten better or worse over the years. What do you do to conceal it or do you just "hide" it under baggy clothes and don't give it a second thought?

I have a pretty big roll over the csection scar, so I've been used to saggy skin for a while now. I'm only a month out from surgery and I know that skin at least on the belly will be an issue for me but I figure hiding it under clothes will be about as easy as it is now. Once I hit goal and stay there for a while, I plan to treat myself to a Tummy Tuck and get it all cleaned up at once.

I have lose skin in my tummy area but as you can see in my pictures I hide it well. My arms also have a lot if skin but you take the good with the bad.

post-177884-0-87956900-1404597872_thumb.png

[ATTACH]46066[/ATTACH]

post-177884-0-21491900-1404597861_thumb.png

I'm 54 and had twins girls my first pregnancy followed by my son who was 10 1/2 pounds. My stomach is shot. I've been overweight for 28 years. I knew I would have loose skin but my goal was to be healthy and I am. I lost 120 lbs - over half my body weight. I don't care about the loose skin on my arms and belly. If I can fix it w/help from my insurance I will. If not, I won't. I'm okay with that. Clothes fit okay and more importantly, I feel good. Best of luck to you! :-)

I am 1 year 2 months out. I am 7 pounds from goal and when I hit I will have lost 150# and 100% of my excess weight. I have loose skin everywhere. My arms are what I am concerned with and only because they aren't in proportion to the rest of me. I will have them done at some point. The rest I can cover with clothing. I don't plan on becoming a model or planning to show large parts of my body. But I would like to be able to wear sleeveless shirts when it is 90 degrees. Right now I won't do it. Excess skin for most of us is a fact of life. But the positives of this surgery far outweigh a little baggy skin. For me it is worth being healthy and happier!

Edited by tracik

My mom pushed out three of us and had rny in her lAter 40's. She lost over 150lbs and did have loose skin as the weight loss was fast but it all tightened up! She was lifting weights and using the elliptical and that helped a lot with the skin. She ended up looking too much weight and had to put on a couple pounds :)