Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New to group 1 week post - op

Hey everyone I'm so glad that I found this app I have been looking to share my journey and learn from others and have a place I can go to talk to people who I can relate to. I will be 1 week post of as of 7-2-14. My surgery date was 6-25-14. I'm really locking forward to meeting and talking to so many of you please don't be a stranger. As we all take this journey together.

So In the purée stage and. Finding it very hard I'm so picky and iffy when it comes to textures and smells, so it's been hard find foods and finding food ideas. I have also been somewhat tired easily and lack of energy and constipated. However on the up side I been tolerating all of the think I have consumed so far . So yea. Feel free to talk to me. And I'll reach out too again I'm really glad I found a place to share this life change journey.

Hi- I was 1 week post-op today as well. I have been very sore & tire easily. I had a bleeding ulcer the day I was supposed to go home from hospital after surgery and so I stayed an extra day in the hospital. I have some bruising that looks normal & some more lower that does not. I'm concerned & have sent a message to my surgeon who Is in Mexico. I live in Indiana. I also have always had very bad stretch marks & tonight I noticed one that looked so full of liquid it looked like it would pop- nothing w/ me ever is easy. Anyone else have these issues?

As far as I know I do not have a drain- I assume I would be able to see that if I had one, it was never mentioned.

It's been a tough week. I have to constantly remember to sip Water because I notice I often forget. I'm ready to feel good again! I keep trying to remind myself why I did this to my body!

Good luck, girls. Press through the struggle and you will come out on the other side with your victory. Good luck to you both.

Thanks! I'm sure we're in the worst part right now. In a few weeks hopefully will be much better!

Hi- I was 1 week post-op today as well. I have been very sore & tire easily. I had a bleeding ulcer the day I was supposed to go home from hospital after surgery and so I stayed an extra day in the hospital. I have some bruising that looks normal & some more lower that does not. I'm concerned & have sent a message to my surgeon who Is in Mexico. I live in Indiana. I also have always had very bad stretch marks & tonight I noticed one that looked so full of liquid it looked like it would pop- nothing w/ me ever is easy. Anyone else have these issues?

As far as I know I do not have a drain- I assume I would be able to see that if I had one, it was never mentioned.

It's been a tough week. I have to constantly remember to sip Water because I notice I often forget. I'm ready to feel good again! I keep trying to remind myself why I did this to my body!

I had severe bruising on my lower belly following surgery last year. It's normal and will fade. It's always a good idea to ask your own doctor, especially immediately following surgery, because they know you and your health issues.

Keep sipping, sipping, sipping. It takes time to get used to new habits but eventually you'll be doing this w/o even thinking about it. It's very important, but especially this time of year when heat can make it harder to stay hydrated.

You're both on your way. Follow your doctor's instructions as closely as possible. You'll be feeling better in no time! By Christmas you'll be looking for a little black dress! :-)

Hi ladies! Welcome to the loser's bench! My RNY was on June 25, 2013, so I just celebrated my first Surgeversary! It has been an amazing year!! My high weight at my first visit was 331 pounds. My surgery weight was 292 pounds. This morning I weighed 129 pounds!! I have lost over 200 pounds in the last 18 months. My life has changed in ways I never imagined. I have gone from a size 26 - 28 to a size 6 -8. My one year visit with my bariatric doctor showed that all my blood work was perfect, I now have a normal BMI, normal blood press, normal cholesterol. She said that only 5% of Americans could testify to being as healthy as I am today. Getting through the first few days can be a struggle, just keep your eye on your goal - YOU WILL GET THERE! This is an amazing tool you have been given. Feel free to ask questions. I may not have the answers, but you will always find support. The folks I have met on this site have had a big role in my success and I really want to pay it forward.

Carol

Hi- I was 1 week post-op today as well. I have been very sore & tire easily. I had a bleeding ulcer the day I was supposed to go home from hospital after surgery and so I stayed an extra day in the hospital. I have some bruising that looks normal & some more lower that does not. I'm concerned & have sent a message to my surgeon who Is in Mexico. I live in Indiana. I also have always had very bad stretch marks & tonight I noticed one that looked so full of liquid it looked like it would pop- nothing w/ me ever is easy. Anyone else have these issues?<br><br> As far as I know I do not have a drain- I assume I would be able to see that if I had one, it was never mentioned. <br><br> It's been a tough week. I have to constantly remember to sip Water because I notice I often forget. I'm ready to feel good again! I keep trying to remind myself why I did this to my body!

I hope the next comming weeks become easier for you, I have faith that I won't be like this much longer at least I hope not. :-) Best of luck.

Good to hear bruising is normal - I think it improved the past two days. I knew this wasn't going to be easy- just nervous about having post- op issues even though doing best I can to do things right!!

<p>Hi ladies! Welcome to the loser's bench! My RNY was on June 25, 2013, so I just celebrated my first Surgeversary! It has been an amazing year!! My high weight at my first visit was 331 pounds. My surgery weight was 292 pounds. This morning I weighed 129 pounds!! I have lost over 200 pounds in the last 18 months. My life has changed in ways I never imagined. I have gone from a size 26 - 28 to a size 6 -8. My one year visit with my bariatric doctor showed that all my blood work was perfect, I now have a normal BMI, normal blood press, normal cholesterol. She said that only 5% of Americans could testify to being as healthy as I am today. Getting through the first few days can be a struggle, just keep your eye on your goal - YOU WILL GET THERE! This is an amazing tool you have been given. Feel free to ask questions. I may not have the answers, but you will always find support. The folks I have met on this site have had a big role in my success and I really want to pay it forward.</p> <p> </p> <p>Carol</p>

Wow! Carol amazing. So inspirational I can't wait to I get there and feel that great ... All in time thanks for sharing your story ????????

Carol-

Thank you so much as hearing your story is a huge reminder as to why I did this in the first place. Very Inspiring!!! Congrats!! Awesome job.

My triglycerides & cholesterol went down just on liquid diets so soon those might actually be lowest in years which is big accomplishment alone. I just need to keep big picture in mind & I'm sure things will keep improving daily!

Thanks!

I'm one week post op today too. I've been having a fairly easy recovery minus being worn out easily and having gas pain. I have bruising on my lower stomach too but I chalked that up to the blood thinner injections they gave me while in the hospital. Right now I just can't wait to start soft foods, I'm getting a little bored with liquids....but it's only a week away :)

For the first time in my life, I'm excited to step on the scale! I'm down 15 lbs since my surgery and notice that my ring and watch are more loose and my face looks thinner! I can't wait to get the ok to start weight training and toning up this body!

I'm one week post op today too. I've been having a fairly easy recovery minus being worn out easily and having gas pain. I have bruising on my lower stomach too but I chalked that up to the blood thinner injections they gave me while in the hospital. Right now I just can't wait to start soft foods, I'm getting a little bored with liquids....but it's only a week away :) <br><br> For the first time in my life, I'm excited to step on the scale! I'm down 15 lbs since my surgery and notice that my ring and watch are more loose and my face looks thinner! I can't wait to get the ok to start weight training and toning up this body!

Congrats on having a good recovery so far, I can't wait also to get in the gym.

Congrats on 15lbs! I was down 14 pre-op which felt good to! I gained 4 w/ surgery fluids, hopefully those will all be gone in couple days!

This is an exciting process! I am to so over liquids & I'm not able to have Soups because makes acid worse. I have found a couple interesting things like such as vanilla egg custard which is pretty good, I tried applesauce & I handled it well & tastes so good. I also like sugar free strawberry jam mixed in cottage cheese- which is pretty high in Protein to. I found a recipe for homemade applesauce which I might try. I'm trying to find some creative things I can eat. I've been reading the book: Before & After by Susan Leach- I think it's called which has ideas & recipes. We'll get there!

Hi;I too had my surgery last Wednesday, I am doing fine also just get tired easily. Just trying to get through this phase of eating thining out my puree food. I know this two will pass.

At this phase, unflavored Protein Powder is really your friend. You can add to anything cold to get your Protein in. Cottage cheese, Greek Yogurt, applesauce... I added it to all of them. For most this phase passes quickly, so don't make too much. I ended up throwing away a lot! Once you move on to soft foods, you don't want to go back to pureed - at least I didn't!

Carol

PS: I think June 25th is a very lucky day!