Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feeling Awful

Headache, tired, nauseous....did any one else feel like this on the preop?

Having trouble getting anything done at work.

yes, that's why they call it detoxing. Water water water. Flush the yucks out of you. Be gentle to yourself. Rest when you get home. That sluggish feeling is really a bummer.

Susan,

I suspect that the headache is quite normal for many people. The sudden and noticeable reduction of food consumption (and of elimination of certain food as well) will cause our body to respond in such manner.

In the past, whenever I went on noticeable portion/calorie restriction diets, I would lose weight but I would also get headaches, dizziness, and sometimes jitters. It was especially noticeable in the beginning but got better as time went. I am bracing for similar responses when I start my pre-op diet on Thursday.

Good luck. I'm sure you will do great!

It's funny because this is the start of my second week and I feel worse than I did last week!

Susan,

That is strange. Maybe someone else can give us insight into the matter.

By the way, I am inspired by the fact that you start publicly tracking your weight loss before your banding procedure. I have only done it privately thus far but have decided to follow in your foot steps. Hope that is o.k.

Of course!! It's about accountability for me. I feel safe here on this board - no judgements, no snarky remarks so it is a good place for me to be totally honest.

Usually after 3 or 4 days you have carb. withdrawals(headaches ,dissisness, etc). Maybe you are coming down with the flu. Take care susansilver and rest.

You really are doing great Susan, I am sad to hear that you are not feeling well though. I know that sometimes when I take certain things out of my diet that I can react with headache, for sure if it is coffee, not that I drink that much 2 cups in the morning is about the most. I just wonder if you are actually eating enough? Is there a minimum that you should be having. I know with the pre-op I will be doing there is and it is higher I believe than what you said you were actually eating. You said you were eating around 400 cal a day I think I read. Maybe you need a bit more??

You said you were eating around 400 cal a day I think I read. Maybe you need a bit more??

I think you might be right LL. I forced myself to eat a little more so far and I am starting to feel better. Thanks.

Hi Susansilver

I have about 3 yoghurts (115 gm each) for Breakfast and maybe 4 or 5 for dinner. I have still lost 8.5 lbs. I even have a little j e l l o in there as well. I am a hungry girl!!!!