Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

just need a quick opinion on this loss...

my highest weight was 231. after pre-op diet my weight was 218. surgery last monday, 6/23. today scale says 215.

3 lbs since surgery a week ago? does that seem wrong? i'm not expecting to lose like 25 lbs in a week or anything, i guess i just thought it would be a bit more a week out. tomorrow i get my drain out and that might make a difference too. my weights are all morning 'dry' weights. i am happy with any loss but just want some opinions on it. and yes, i'll be staying off the scale. i'm not scale-paranoid and this was the first time i got on the scale since surgery.

btw, i know that this COULD be normal swelling, bruising, Fluid retention, IV fluids, etc. would that be the case a week out?

thoughts?

Edited by mi75

June 18 was surgery. When I got home from the hospital I had gained 10 lbs. It took almost a week for me to lose that. (Water weight). I would not be so worried. Just do what you are suppose to do. It will happen.

I was sleeved on 6/17 and when I got home I was back to my pre op diet before weight. That of course was all of the Fluid. I also was not going to the restroom much for those first days.

However, when I was 5 days out and allowed to start the Protein again, all my systems were flushed out and the weight just came off. At 9 days I was down 14 pounds and today at 13 days I'm 19.

I'm not disappointed. I just need to start walking more like I'm supposed to. Don't worry, it will fall off. Your body just has to adjust and turn itself around to what's going on. Once it gets going the other direction you'll have steady results

I know I'm not much further, but I hope it helps.

Just HIDE the scale. FOCUS. Follow your plan and relax. You will do greeeeaaaaatttt!

I was very similar to you. Down 3 the first week. I was down 5 the 2nd week though. Everyone is different, but we will get there! I don't feel worried about it - I'm down about 23 pounds this month with pre-op diet, so that's more than I've ever lost in a month. And I fit in my smaller jeans now (ones I was wearing are too baggy now). All good!

Edited by thesuse2000

great thanks everyone! i hoped this was a normal pattern, and it makes sense. onward!!!