Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for a buddy

I was banded almost five and a half years ago. My story is similar to so many I have read. I started out well, lost 60 pounds, but have gained almost all of it back

I am totally blind. I mention this only so as to not have anyone surprised when or if they should contact me. I'm open about blindness, and it's my hope that I can make friends as well as getting support. .

I was diagnosed with clinical depression, and although I am taking medication, it simply takes the edge off

. I love my band, and I know that it works. I’m looking for a buddy who has struggled, and has had at least 150 pounds to lose

. I don’t need to be told to get rid of all the crap in my house. I don’t need to be made to feel more ashamed than I already am. I guess I just want someone who will be supportive and encouraging, someone to whom I must be responsible for getting back on track, someone who won’t mind sending or receiving emails a few times a week. I wouldn’t even mind forming a group of bandsters who feel the same way as I do .

The whole BariatricPal community can be your buddy/mentor. There are many here who have lost 100+ lbs. I doubt anyone can say they've walked in your shoes, but most of us can understand how difficult this truly is?

What are your weaknesses? Cravings, sugar, Pasta, binges and are you able to exercise? Don't be afraid to lay it all out there. If anyone is rude, we'll reign them in.

Now, if your issue is you walk to the corner DQ every day for a large blizzard, yeah, we're going to let you have it :angry:

But, speak up, we're all here.

Thank you, 2muchfun. I can exercise; as a matter of fact, I was for quite a while. I have been walking, we have a track where I work, as well as a work-out room, and I have a treadmill at home. I do eat healthy, but I need to "get back to basics". Make better choices. My band is fine. I can go without being hungry from the time I have lunch until I get home and have dinner. If I snack, I have fruit, but there have been lots of times when I eat sweets, and there's my problem. I know better. I know what I have to do. I just need to come here, the way I used to. Thanks again.

Edited by serenity55

When did you last visit your surgeon or bariatric nutritionist? And do you think your band is filled properly? How long do you stay satiated after a meal?

Have you heard of the 5 day pouch test? www.5daypouchtest.com It's actually designed for Bypass patients but can work for we bandster's. I've done it twice now to restart my weight loss.

The very most important thing for anyone banded is to have the band adjusted to the green zone. Otherwise, you'll be dieting if it's too loose or puking if it's too tight.

I am in your shoes with the weight gain. I lost 80 put back 60 very ashamed. But I learned from new doctor who have me a fill and support group. Happy to say I am down 22 pounds in less then a month. I am proud to say it was knowledge of green zone feeling and support groups that does it . Good luck

Congratulations, Tom! Support groups have always been helpful for me; unfortunately, my surgeon's lap band group no longer exists. I have bandster friends, and I'll have to use this site group. Keep up the good work!