Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Exercising after getting help

I am nearly three years removed form VSG surgery. I used to be nearly 500lb (460lb) but am stuck at just over 300lb (well 327lb to be exact). I am 6'2" and 39 years old. Recently I figured out I had a big crossover addicition....drinking. I was a binge drinker for a year and a half after surgery. Now I know you can't get any real weight off drinking hard liquor. Now, I am working out and cutting my carbs down. Thankfully I have no health issues like diabetes or liver damage.

I have started on four supplements to facilitate more fat loss.

Optii-Men (one tab daily)

Garcinia Cambogia (one tab in the morning)

EGCg (one tab in the afternoon)

Green coffee Bean Extract (one tab around 18:00)

For exercise (Mon-Fri)

30 Kettlebell Swings 35lb bell

30 Diamond Pushups

5 min Jumping Rope

10 Kettlebell Curls (per arm) 18lb bell

I consume 100g of Protein daily (some say it's too low or too high, my body takes this amount). I really don't count carbs but I keep it relatively normal. If I had to guess it is nearly 150g daily. Sometimes much less. I can tell if I eat too much fats as I had my gallbladder remover a year before surgery. Anyone that has knows what happens when too much fats are consumed, lol. In the absence of binge drinking I find difficulty in dealing with anxiety and stress. As such I have been on Klonopin and begin Emotionally Focused Therapy on Monday.

I know I am a ways out from surgery but just recently I felt like I am free an able to control my life. I don't know if anybody has ever done a supplement and workouut routine similar to mine. But I would be interested in any critiques or results anybody had.

Thank you for reading my post and any comments you may have.

I am currently using a Cellucor fat burning stack. I didn't find that it made me lose weight but it does improve my workout stamina (the caffeine). I find my weight is more dependent on my food rather than exercise. I am getting stronger and increasing my lean body mass via my exercise routine. Reading you routine, I honestly don't think you are working out long enough. Are you doing a lot of sets? I can bust out 30 push ups in a minute. Same with kettle bell swings. I workout 45-60 minutes 4-5 days a week.

Believe when I say that I AM NO EXPERT...... Just wanted to mention maybe doing more cardio in your workout to burn more calories. Best Wishes!

I do my "circuit" routine twice. Now 5x a week is a lot. If I don't do that I do a drop set of burpees from 10.

Burpees are a great full body workout. Good for you.

What is a burpee? Please

Some say burpees are a form of torture. I happen to like them. A burpee starts in the standing position. Drop down into push up position. Jump your feet between your hands and at the same time jump up with straight arms and a few inches off the ground. That is one rep. It is an awesome full body exercise and there are tons of variations. Burpee box jump, burpee over the barbell, burpee pull ups, etc. Usually burpees are part of a larger set of exercises but can also be done isolated. I like to do the occasional death by burpee (keeps doing reps until total exhaustion). They are also a great warm up. Pound out 25 to get warmed up. I remember doing a routine once that involved 80% dead lifts on the minute and burpees on the minute for 25 minutes. That was tough. :)

To th op - your supplement and exercise plan is definitely pointing you in the right direction. Keep up the great work! Congratulations on beating the cross addiction (drinking). I think you will find exercise a decent cross addiction to take up instead. :)

Edited by Fiddleman

One of my favorites "Beast". Dead lift to burpee to squat thrusters 10,9,8.7.6.5.4.3.,2,1 set counts of each. Total killer.