Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention Albertans

I would love to meet for coffee on Sunday but I can't confirm yet. It's grave visiting day (for Ukrainians - my husband is Ukrainian) and I may have to go with my husband to visit the graves as well as the extended family in Andrew.

My husband and i are coming to Edmonton on June 26 til July6 for holidays maybe if there is a meeting we will visit and meet everyone.

That would be great Loriely!! Lets make it happen! Can't be missing an opportunity like this! I am pretty sure I will be here I think I will be in Ontario the weekend of the July 6th. But before that I should be good! lol might even be able to eat not sure but I am thinking I can drink for sure ! lol I will be well practiced by then!

Hi All,

How about getting together on Saturday, May 26th in Red Deer? How many can commit to that date?

Count me in. That will be the day before I head off to get my band! It would be great to get together with those who can make it out before I leave. -=crosses fingers and toes.... eyes...legs and arms=- I hope to meet you then! Come on every body before summer hits and we are all to busy getting our new bods out in the sunshine!!

I also want to say that Cat and I had a great telephone visit earlier today. It sure felt good to have a voice to chat with and that we both have the band in common. Thank you again Cat for the visit!!

Hi All,

How about getting together on Saturday, May 26th in Red Deer? How many can commit to that date?

I would love to get together that day and you could all sing me happy birthday. HOWEVER... we are having my son's first birthday party that day so I will have to bow out.

Andrew

Count me in. That will be the day before I head off to get my band! It would be great to get together with those who can make it out before I leave. -=crosses fingers and toes.... eyes...legs and arms=- I hope to meet you then! Come on every body before summer hits and we are all to busy getting our new bods out in the sunshine!!

I also want to say that Cat and I had a great telephone visit earlier today. It sure felt good to have a voice to chat with and that we both have the band in common. Thank you again Cat for the visit!!

Leslielle,

The pleasure is mine. I very much enjoyed our chat. Look forward to seeing you in person sometime in the near future.

I would love to get together that day and you could all sing me happy birthday. HOWEVER... we are having my son's first birthday party that day so I will have to bow out.

Andrew

-=winks=- I will still sing Happy Birthday to you Andrew!! and the little guy too!

I hope that you will both have a terrific day and we will all get together soon. Maybe Mrs. Gaffer could come along!

How about Sunday, May 27th?

Leslielee, Becca, CanMacDaddy, Andrew, Tagger (did I miss anyone)?

How about Sunday, May 27th?

Leslielee, Becca, CanMacDaddy, Andrew, Tagger (did I miss anyone)?

I cant make it on the 27th.

Andrew

So sorry, I can't make the 27th either. I am out of ton on conference that weekend. What about the Sunday after??

Hi Everyone,

I haven't been to this website for months, so sorry for not responding earlier.

I would definitely be interested (ecstatic actually) to meet some local bandsters!

- Where in Alberta are you located? Okotoks

- What sort of functions would you expect from the support group (specify all that apply):

a. informal sharing of experiences and information yes

b. organized workshops perhaps

c. group counselling not so much

d. retreats perhaps

e. events, please describe perhaps - maybe an exercise weekend away

f. other, please specify walks, exercise buddies, e-mail buddies, etc

- If the support group is facilitated in your city/town, how frequently would you like the group meet - monthly, every other month, quarterly? monthly or weekly would be a good start

- If the support group is facilitated in a city/town other than yours (say within 100 to 400 km), would you still be interested in attending some of the gatherings or organized activities? perhaps (Calgary meetings would definitely work for me)

- Would you be opened to rotational gatherings at members' houses (which means that we rotationally host a gathering at our homes)? sure

- Would you be opened to gathering at a public place (like a restaurant)? sure

- Would you be opened to gathering at a functional meeting site such as a pre-booked meeting room in a school, hotel, etc.? sounds so formal (and more expensive), but maybe

- Are there suggestions or information that you would like to share? I had my surgery in Mexico, so if anyone out there would like more info just let me know.

Hopefully more people get on this "band"wagon soon!!

PS. I've learned that I have a hole in my band somewhere. Has anyone out there gone through surgery to repair their band?

Thanks,

BlueShadow (Richelle)