Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

10 wks post op..down only 20 lbs :-(

10 wks as of yesterday. .down only 20 lbs as of this morning. .extremely slow and down hearted. Don't know if I'm not eating enough or my hypothyroidism causing me to lose this slow. Feeling defeated.

I have no advice, but I understand that feeling. I had a gaining weight freak out (last week at about 6 weeks out), so I totally understand.

So frustrating :angry: I can't say I know what you are going through because I'm just starting this journey...but I will say keep at it....20 down will turn into 25 down will turn into 30 down....if you don't quit! You can do it!

10 wks as of yesterday. .down only 20 lbs as of this morning. .extremely slow and down hearted. Don't know if I'm not eating enough or my hypothyroidism causing me to lose this slow. Feeling defeated.

I am only 4 weeks out as of today, and I am down 27. But I have not lost any weight since 6/20. Only thing I can say from talking to others, is stick with your plan and it will come off. I know its hard to understand. I dont eat right now more than 400 calories, how can I not lose? But just think, you are down 20 lbs, that's alot and obviously something we couldnt do before. Keep up the good work!

The key to your success and happiness is very simple....throw your scale away and dont compare yourself to others. If you are following your doctor's plan and your hypothyroidism is being addressed, then sit back and relax. Stress= cortisol = weight gain.

Thanks everyone for the positive encouragement. ..I feel a little better. .ate well today veggies and plenty of Protein. Got a good workout playing kick ball with my little ones..got in a good sweat. Then went for a power walk. Really cleared my mind.

I am only 4 weeks out as of today, and I am down 27. But I have not lost any weight since 6/20. Only thing I can say from talking to others, is stick with your plan and it will come off. I know its hard to understand. I dont eat right now more than 400 calories, how can I not lose? But just think, you are down 20 lbs, that's alot and obviously something we couldnt do before. Keep up the good work!

Eating only 400 cal can have the opposite effect you would expect. Your body goes into starvation mode and holds onto everything for dear life. Guarantee if you up your calories you'll start losing again. I know it seems backwards but seriously I am losing more now than I was on liquid post op. And at only 400 cal are you hitting your Protein requirements??