Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just decided

My son who is home on leave for 2 weeks from the army is spending time with us. I know these 2 weeks we will be doing a lot of going out to eat with friends and family. So losing weight during this time is going to be a challenge. I will enjoy the next 2 weeks with him eat moderately make wise decisions. On the good note I had a pcp appt on tues and was taken off my HB pressure meds. I'm down 70lbs since Feb 2014. Have a great day!

Congratulations! I've read a great suggestion on this site to order small add-ons to a purchased meal. It's lower cost and lower portion amount than ordering a full meal.

It's all about living life normally. When I go to Florida to visit family, I also know it will be alot of eating out and less than healthy choices. I do the best I can and I've never gained more than a couple of pounds....which almost always turns out to be more Water than anything else. In a week or two, those pounds are gone and that's the end of it.

I go on my cruise in less than a month and I know I will put on a few pounds no matter how carefully I choose my meals. But I think of it in terms of the last cruise I was on when I couldn't get off the ship because I was in so much knee and hip pain. This cruise, I'm going on the underwater scuba reef tour with my son.

That's the important thing...not the couple of pounds I may put on. It will come off again and more importantly, I am living my life again.

Don't stress over the food...just enjoy the time with your son, and thank him from me for his service.

After years and years of restrictive diets, I am so happy not to be on a diet anymore. It never worked for me -- I could lose but then inevitably I'd gain it all back and then some. Now I have a lifestyle change and it's the making of good choices each and every day that is working. So happy to be out of food jail! Enjoy your time with your son and just listening to your body. My one rule is to eat when I'm hungry, don't eat when I'm not hungry. These days when I'm out for meals I'm much more engaged in what is going on around me than what is on my plate. That is a big change for me. Also I try to make a game out of putting down my utensil and listening to my body -- I look around and really enjoy where I am and who I'm with.