Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded in 14 Days!

Hey there everyone!

My name is Suzie, and I am in Texas. My BMI is 43 (weigh ~275). I'm taking a pre-op pic for this page

I'm having my surgery done in Richardson. Dr. Felts is my surgeon, I believe. I meet him for the pre-op on the 30th, an will have the surgery on May 7th. This happened rather quickly. Insurance approved with no problems (I use BCBS Federal), and the date came all of a sudden as well so -- YIPPEE!!!!

I went researching and saw a video of what the actual procedure looks like and ... sheesh that's scary looking.

My Myocel thing starts Monday, if it comes in the mail on time. I found out about it a bit late and didn't expect to get it by then, so we'll see what happens with that.

Well I'm tired so I'm going to end this intro. Take care,

Suzie

Welcome to LBT and congratulations on your decision to get the band and on getting your date so quick, that is great. The liquid diet phase can be tough, but as you see the weight dropping and know your reward will be your band, you will be motivated and get through it just fine. Let us know if you have any questions.

A quick update as to where I stand. I have to have a stress test (combo?), some blood work, and a chest x-ray before the surgery -- which is scheduled for the 7th. I'm a little worried, as I stated, that the Myocel arrival will be delivered later than needed and the surgery date will be moved back some.

Other than that -- I am going to have to secure a ride. Ppppblh. That's the problem about having the doctor 180 miles or more away.

I'm excited but nervous -- I've seen the vids of the surgeries and couldn't imagine being awake for that -- but I won't be so I'll work on not worrying. I want to live again and I look forward to having this tool to be able to again. I hate being fat / unathletic. I want to play sports and workout again and have my ABS like I did when I was 18. I was big then, 168, but I was "ripped" -- I loved bodybuilding and I dunno if this will prevent me from getting that shredded female muscle look -- but I will dang near go for it again. I so took advantage of that and let it slip away. But that's what this is for.

WOOT!

As of today, this is what i need to do:

1. stress test (i don't have the right form? this is what happens when the dr is in Richardson and I live in Abilene, i bet. lol)

2. get the items y'all suggested.

3. finish cleaning house so i have nothing to do for 2 weeks.

4. preop on the 30th

5. continue diet

6. surgery 05/07 (YIPPEE!!!)

has anyone used Dr Felts?

Hi Suzie,

I am Diann from Texas....I live in Texarkana....congratulations on your up-coming surgery...don't worry about the surgery...I watched the films and I was a bit wigged out, but you will sleep thru the whole thing and wake up without knowing what they have done...I am a kind of person that does not need to know what they are doing, just do it...and then I will start the healing process...The less I know , the better...I don't need all the details...I felt the same when I had open-heart surgery...I didn't want to watch the films to see what they were going to do...I didn't need to know..I wasn't doing the surgery...

I pray that all will go well for you..

Di/Texas

:bored For some reason, I'm not really nervous about the surgery. I'm trying to see myself for what I am going to look like in a year. The funny thing is, I draw a complete blank. This whole thing went very very fast, so I am kinda shell shocked. I have preop on Monday, and between then and the 7th I need to complete a stress test.

I've been losing significantly since I started the preop liquid diet. The diet may be why I am restless, sore, and exhausted.

That's where I stand, so far.

I had my surgery on 4-3-2007 with Dr. Felts. He was absolutley wonderful. I had a few complications but he called daily sometime several times a day to check on me. AIGB was also wonderful. My band was to tight so I had to go there every other day for IV fluids. I cannot say enough about how wonderful Dr. Felts was you will love him. I am now down about 20 lbs in 4 weeks. I will not have a fill till probably end of June since my band was tight.

Good luck to you.

I meet him for the pre-op on the 30th, an will have the surgery on May 7th. This happened rather quickly. Insurance approved with no problems (I use BCBS Federal), and the date came all of a sudden as well so -- YIPPEE!!!!

Congratulations!!! Keep us posted.

That is TOTALLY awesome to read! I have my initial consultation on May 9th, and I have Federal BCBS also....I'm so so so praying that I get a quick approval also! :) Good luck to you! Please let us know how it all goes!

well here it is -- less than a day til I'm all tied up lol. i'm So looking forward to it. I have to remember nothing after 9pm and no Water after midnight. eek lol

well i'm excited -- any recommendations as to what to get today to be ready for tomorrow? or links to threads that talk about it?

Hope you are feeling okay? All of us react differently to surgery, but for me it was a wonderful experience.

Good Luck!!!