Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Starting to be hungry!

Hi all, So I am 3 weeks out and I was having good restriction at first. I am now on pureed foods and I was doing well with them up until Sat. On Sat I went to a Funeral and at the repast I , who was now starving ate a little tuna salad along with mac&cheese, which was soft. I only ate a little but I must of eaten fast because I was a little over full. Now my DR's plan is to due pourable Protein at this stage, now I am wondering if my increase in hunger is more than just head hunger but more of a craving for carbs, due to the mac&cheese. And yes I brought my plate home and put it in a blender later. So today for Breakfast I had about 1 1/2 oz of cottage cheese about 9am, at 11am I was very hungry again. Any insight or am I just healing and can eat more in small meals. I afraid to eat too much in one setting.

I don't have a schedule for eating. When my tummy tells me I'm hungry I eat something very small. I try to put 2 hrs in between meals. I also keep a food diary & it helps me to stay honest & keep track of calories & Protein. I have also learned not to eat more than 1/2 cup at one time. Talk about a miserable feeling!

I would suggest that you eat before you go to any function, or the store, or anywhere else, so that you are not hungry. You see you can eat these foods now, so I am wondering if you will keep doing it. You have gone through so much to get where you are today, so I encourage you to love yourself, keep on track, and make the choice to eat according to your plan. You can do this. My husband and I had broth for Thanksgiving last November, then pureed lowfat chili for Christmas dinner. We started going to functions after that, but steered clear of the food. Remember, there will always be funerals, weddings and parties in our lives, and I plan to go with a full sleeved belly so I tan take a bite or two of something special and enjoy a taste. Good luck, I like that we can always support each other in times like this! Linda

@ maxcimax I know i need to do more of a food diary, so I will be working on that. I also now believe that I was ovulating, which I can not know due to a hysterectomy that cause my increased hunger. I more worry when I go back to work, I will be at the desk and stressed all day. I use to not be a stress eater until this year or maybe I just didn't notice until then. Overall I am going to work my program and it will work for me

@lindafromflorida I did eat something a little yogurt but just a little because I wasn't hungry that is why I believed that I am not experiencing carb craving along with head hunger. I will be working harder on making sure that I don't be put in that situation again. This being the summer there will be many parties I will be invited to also I am planning to go on vacation!!!! So I plan to have my meals laid out ahead of time any follow my plan.

You will start losing weight and looking good and it will motivate you, believe me. I have barely bought clothes in 20 years and I am a shopping fool, loving my 67 year old sexy body looking good. I can't wait for you to update on the weight loss and new you!

I started to feel hunger at about 5 weeks out. I deal with it by drinking liquid first. I feel more hungry on days when I am not getting enough Water. Then, if I still feel hungry 30 minutes later, I go ahead and eat something. I try to go three hours between meals/snacks.

As for going back to work, I used to snack all day at my desk. I never really noticed how much I was eating because I was doing it while I worked, and because I was eating healthy foods-- just too much of it. So, I don't keep Snacks in my office anymore. I have Protein shakes and that's it. My lunch goes in the fridge in the kitchen. If I've eaten my lunch and feel hungry, I can have a Protein shake or take a walk to go buy food. If I am hungry enough to drink a Protein Shake, then it's probably legitimate hunger. If all I want is a brownie, then I'm going to have to leave my office and walk three blocks to get one. I don't usually have time for that!