Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi my names cassie! I'm brand new here(: so I've been researching the sleeve for a month or so now, and I really really want to get it. I'm just so nervous and confused! I know it's something I really want/need to do but I'm so afraid of telling my boyfriend I'm going to get it done.): he's alwAys supportive no matter what I do but I feel like he will make fun of me...we also have a 2 year old son. So I was wondering how many of you have had the surgery with small children. And also how did you talk to your SO about it? One other question is there anyone that has had the surgery at St..Vincent's in Connecticut?

I suggest getting your relationship in order before proceeding. You will need all the support you can get and if your afraid to tell your SO there is something wrong in your relationship.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with my relationship...I'm sure he won't care and will support me regardless it's just a scary thought. He's a skinny twig he's always been tiny and he doesn't understand how being over weight feels so I don't know what he's going to say=\

Hi Cassie, I was afraid to tell my husband too. He is always supportive and he too is a twig. The problem is... he is a chef and shows his love by cooking for people. I finally told him that I wanted to do it and he said "why? I love you the way you are." I told him that I love myself too but I really need to like myself and I don't. After him playing the devil's advocate for an hour or so, he asked how he could help. It's two weeks until my surgery and he walks with me every morning, makes sure I'm hydrated and makes sure I get enough Protein drinks in (even if I don't want one!) Maybe I created a monster LOL. My son is the one that is having a hard time with it, he's 25, and he just wants me to be safe during the surgery and have no complications. I think we are blessed to have this tool to help us. Do this for your 2 year old!!! Do this for you and your future :) and your SO!

I worried about how my bf would react. And honestly, his reaction was fairly uneven (he's also thin, he is athletic, and he's extremely doctor-phobic/hospital-phobic). He hated the thought that I would have to go to this extreme, but in the end, said that it was my body, my health and my decision. He's seen me struggle through deprivation diet, and he's seen the amount of exercise I was doing without moving the scales at all, so he understood that weight loss wasn't something I could do on my own.

You never really know how they're going to be until you tell them, especially when you make them understand that it's your health and you'll be able to enjoy more things together once you are in a healthier place. That's what ultimately made my bf go from waffling to supportive: we always enjoyed long bike rides together, but it was to the point where my knees and back hurt so bad I could barely go 5 miles without stopping. He's looking forward to our peninsula excursions again :)

Hi my names cassie! I'm brand new here(: so I've been researching the sleeve for a month or so now, and I really really want to get it. I'm just so nervous and confused! I know it's something I really want/need to do but I'm so afraid of telling my boyfriend I'm going to get it done.): he's alwAys supportive no matter what I do but I feel like he will make fun of me...we also have a 2 year old son. So I was wondering how many of you have had the surgery with small children. And also how did you talk to your SO about it? One other question is there anyone that has had the surgery at St..Vincent's in Connecticut?

You're kinda close to me. I live. Next to Woodstock. But I'm getting mine done in Boston :)

Thank you guys!!(: I just know how he is and I think he will end up saying why are you doing that your just fine and all that but I'm not doing it for anyone I'm doing it for myself and my health! I want to be able to run around with my son without feeling like death): I'm only 20 and I'm just way to over weight!): I've tried everything else to lose weight and I my doesn't work!): I'm just hoping this will finally be it!

I think this is a time you put yourself first. This important of an issue, do your research and think of your health. Good luck.

. When you talk to him explain how you feel and why you want to do it. It may also help to have Jim go to an apt with you so he can hear from the dr as well. As for going through this with young kids I'm having my surgery tomorrow and I have a 3 year old. Good for me my husband stays home with our boys do I will have the help with them.