Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August 2014 sleevers? Let's chat!

I had my surgical clearance today. I was cleared for my August 11th surgery. I have purchased my Optifast 800 to start my two week liquid diet on Monday. I'm so nervous. I almost told the surgeon to cancel my surgery. I started all pre-op requirements in December. Now surgery is really going to happen. It went by so fast.

Hi, Dreamgirl! Thanks for starting this discussion~I am planning on surgery in August, too, and trying to do as much research as possible. I'm sure I need to do this for ME, but as I've made changes to my diet, and I've lost 14 lbs. so far, I wonder if maybe I'm jumping the gun. I know I want to lose the 100 lbs, and I need to lose them, I worry that it's such a major/radical approach. I really want to be healthy, and not have aches and pains, and am hoping this will improve/eliminate my Firomyalgia. I've told only my husband, daughter, and father and don't plan on telling anyone at work, other than I'm working with a nutritionist and watching what I eat and exercising. I plan on telling my boss that I need time off for gall bladder surgery--cowardly, I know, but I don't want it broadcast throughout my workplace, as there are many "Gladys Kravitts'" where I work. (For you younguns, Glady Kravitts was the nosey neighbor on Bewtiched. Google it. ) Anyhow, I'm sorry for ramlbing....Thanks for starting this discussion~I'm sure I'll post more as the time comes

Thanks for responding, MyKidsMom89,

I completely get where you're coming from. My surgery is 3 weeks out and I still wonder whether this is too radical and whether I should give Weight Watchers and/or a trainer at the gym one more try. The issue is I also have 100 pounds to lose, I'm already on meds for weight-related issues, and my age puts me at an increased risk for a heart attack or stroke. My husband correctly assessed that if I could have gotten the weight off by now, on my own, I would have. But I haven't, and it's obvious that I need help. I'm sorry for going on so... Probably serves as reassurance moreso for me. Good luck with your journey!

Surgery is just 6 days away. I'm doing well on the pre-op diet, but I'm counting down the day to when I can eat solid food again. lol

Edited by keish_lorraine

Dreamgirl45 you are my surgery buddy. I get sleeve on August 11 I am in Ga. I am so ready. I haven't really told anyone I work with. My family knows and they support me. My husband is wonderful because he is doing the pre-op diet with me. I pray all go well with you and all the, one getting sleeved August 11

How are you Ayscott44, and others who got sleeved today, Aug. 11? I pray that all went well. Had my surgery at 7 this morning. I'm feeling a lot of gas pain, but praise God, not much surgical pain. About to try walking. I've had crushed ice today and one cup of Water with lemonade Crystal Light in it. I sipped it down in four little cups that each held 2 tablespoons worth of liquid. Took me about an 30-40 minutes to get down 2 tablespoons. A couple of times I felt as if I might throw up, but it didn't happen. Emotionally, I'm ok. Did not cry before I was wheeled in to the OR. In fact, as the anesthesia was settling in. I was singing Kenny Loggins' "This Is It!" out loud. :-) Thank you all for the encouragement and I hope that we all have a great recovery and wonderful next phase of LIFE!!

Hi dreamgirl45 the surgery went well I found out I had a hernia repair also didnt know I had one. Yes gas pain is awful. I am so happy right now. I will be leaving, tomorrow. The only thing I am able, to have ice chips and sip on Water, until tomorrow morning. I dont have to, do Barium swallow because. I am, glad of that. I am so, happy to, hear, you are doing good. Best wishes keep the, post, coming, on ur, journey and I will also post, mines. I walked twice already about to, do, it again. Thanks for checking on me