Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hoping for approval!!!

Hi everyone, I am new to lapbandtalk and excited to read all that is on here. There is so much information! I have just submitted all my paperwork to the drs office today, I am hoping to get approved! I have BCBS of IL - lots of steps to go through - but I am done with all that! Pysch eval and all! I just need the phone call from the drs office saying that I am approved by my insurance! I am not in a huge hurry, but so excited to get my life back! Thanks for all the inspiring stories! clap2.gif

Hello! Welcome to LBT! Hopefully you will hear back from your insurance company soon. If not, keep on them! Good luck as you go through your journey to a new, fantastic you!!

Hi everyone, I am new to lapbandtalk and excited to read all that is on here. There is so much information! I have just submitted all my paperwork to the drs office today, I am hoping to get approved! I have BCBS of IL - lots of steps to go through - but I am done with all that! Pysch eval and all! I just need the phone call from the drs office saying that I am approved by my insurance! I am not in a huge hurry, but so excited to get my life back! Thanks for all the inspiring stories! clap2.gif

welcome to our little group!!! i will send 'approval vibes' to BCBS for you! it wouldn't hurt to call them---they can tell you if they have reached a decision yet! good luck-keep us posted!

Hello! Good luck on the approval. I was wondering, I also have BCBS and did you get a referal from your PCP for the nutritionist and psych eval? I dont know where to go first... surgeon regular dr? How did u go about it?

i went to the bariatric clinic first. they did all of the paperwork that i needed. then i went to my pcp and he ordered bloodwork and wrote me a letter of support. there are several different policies for BCBS-just make sure you've covered all your bases before submitting to them! the bariatric clinic will help you jump through the hoops! good luck with your journey---keep in touch!

~courtney

I printed out the BCBS manual and read it word for word - several times over. I went to my surgeon and they told me where to go for my pysch eval, I didn't have to have the nutritional eval - my insurance is BCBS of IL and they don't require it. However, they did require that I have tried a commerically based weight loss program like Jenny Craig (which I did before knowing the insurance needed this) for 6 months and five years medical history from my doctor (with weight) showing that I was obese. I also didn't have to have a referral - I can go to anyone I choose - within the network, my surgeons office just referred me to the guy they use for the psych eval. I just had all my paperwork submitted yesterday!!! Woohooo - thanks for that the "approval vibes" I am so excited about getting the band and getting on my way to a healthier me!!!

KKAY - every surgeon is different. I went to the surgeon first - for the "seminar" then they told me where to go next - pysch eval, get Jenny Craig info and see my dr to get detailed letter of why she felt I needed the surgery and five years of obesity charts. Call around and check with other people in your area to see if there are any recommended surgeons. The bariatric clinics are very helpful - LOL they want your money!