Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my lapband surgery done on December 6, 2006 in Idaho Falls, Idaho. So far, I have lost 58 pounds, so I am really happy. But, it has been really hard. I have had a hard time eating anything but liquids since the beginning. I also throw up a lot. So, the doctor had me get a Upper GI to see if anything was wrong. Well they found out everything was okay. So, then the nurse that I see once a month said she wanted to try and go into my band and see if there was anything in there that she could take out. So, she did that on April 5th and was able to take 1cc of liquid out of my band that had been there since Day 1 - I have never had a fill. So, now I can eat more and life should be grand. But, I am so scared that I may stop losing weight or gain weight that I am still eating liquids and freaking out if I eat more than I use to be able to. So, I guess my long winded question is, do any of you out there stress about gaining weight? Is it normal? I'm beginning to think I should just throw away the scale and go by clothes size. But there is such a rush when you get on that scale and see numbers you haven't seen for years. Thanks to anybody who reads this rambling!!

Hi plm!

I worry all the time about gaining weight because I feel I can eat almost anyting without problem. However, It is the choices I make that keeps the weight falling off. I eat a lot of low fat high Protein, such as tuna.... I also eat fruits such as melon, apples <without the skin>.

My life saver however is the South Beach Diet frozen dinners.

I cant even finish a whole meal, but it keeps me full for hours!

I am 3 weeks postop. I had my doctors appointment today, and I have lost a total of 38lbs! I was amazed! SOOOOOO love this band!

Good luck to you! Hope this has helped some.

PLM..I was just banded in Idaho Falls on Thursday the 19th by Dr. Baird. Who was your doctor? I live in Pocatello...congrats on your weight lose!!! Deanna

Yes I stress hard core about gaining weight too. I was banded on the 6th of March, and ive lost 30 pounds but, Im so worried about gaining weight that I do feel like Im starving myself sometimes. Ive only had one fill though and i hear that it doesnt always do the trick. So i guess ill just keep on feeling hungry untill i get the right fill.

P>S> I was in Idaho falls in march visiting my aunt.Im from Kansas. I liked it up there!

Thanks everyone for your responses! I guess I am semi-normal - ha! :(

Deanna - My doctor was Baird too! Paula78 - Idaho Falls is even better now - we have a Kohl's!

PLM~

Yeah I think i saw it while I was there.

I love the Eagle sculpture you have there at that round-about it was beautiful. I took a picture of it, but it was getting dark so it didnt turn out so well!

P.s. I'd like to hear more about your success you can send me an email and feel free to check out my home page too.

I stress about my weight every single day. Some may or may not I hope most dont. For me its a constant battle because I have not lost anything in months and I feel like I am stuck even with fills I am not losing. So for me its normal to stress. I am also on some medications that make you gain some weight not that i am tryng to use that as an excuse but I do wonder sometimes if thats why I have such a hard time. Anyhoo for me its typical..

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Theweightisover2024🙌💪

Question for anyone, how did you get your mind right before surgery? Like as far as eating better foods and just doing better in general? I'm having a really hard time with this. Any help is appreciated 🙏❤️
      · 2 replies
      1. NickelChip

I had about 6 months between deciding to do surgery and getting scheduled. I came across the book The Pound of Cure by Dr. Matthew Weiner, a bariatric surgeon in Arizona, and started to implement some of the changes he recommended (and lost 13 lbs in the process without ever feeling deprived). The book is very simple, and the focus is on whole, plant based foods, but within reason. It's not an all or nothing approach, or going vegan or something, but focuses on improvement and aiming for getting it right 80-90% of the time. His suggestions are divided into 12 sections that you can tackle over time, perhaps one per month for a year if a person is just trying to improve nutrition and build good habits. They range from things like cutting out artificial sweetener or eating more beans to eating a pound of vegetables per day. I found it really effective pre-surgery and it's an eating style I will be working to get back to as I am further out from surgery and have more capacity. Small changes you can sustain will do the most for building good habits for life.

2. Theweightisover2024🙌💪

That sounds awesome. I'll have to check that out thanks!

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches