Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

okay, so i KNOW i've read this topic before, but they seemed to be newly post-op. so, background: i am 5 weeks post-op yesterday and had my first fill wednesday. my doctor put me 2 days liquid, 2 days soft, then back to regular. so, today was first day softs.

heres the thing.. i ate 4 bites of eggs and was full. then, 4 hours later, i'm not hungry. do i eat my 1/2C of food? do i take a few bites? do i just keep on going with my day? i am working out 5 days a week (lifting + cardio), so i know my body needs some kind of calories for energy, but it seems like at this rate, its gonna be 4 bites then full. i know i'm newly filled, probably swollen, and my restriction wont be like this forever, but what do i do right now?

i'd hate to force myself to eat, but i also want to be able to fuel my workouts properly. i think that's one reason my weight loss seems to be stalling so often, because most days, i'm not getting in more than 1,000 calories and burning anywhere from 500-700 during a workout along with the 2,000+ i burn just from daily activity.

this is just all so new to me, so i appreciate any feedback. i never thought i would have to think about forcing myself to eat. its still hard sometime to determine when i'm full, so i'm taking it all in slowly, but hopefully getting the hang of this tool.

I don't think we should ever force ourselves to eat. One thought occurs -- maybe it's the eggs. Sometimes our bands are finicky that way. For example I can only eat fried eggs, not scrambled, and I would have thought it would be the opposite. omelet no problem. But I don't eat until midday because I'm not hungry and if I am not hungry, I do not eat. That's my one rule. And I work out 60+ in the mornings without any feelings of low blood sugar, etc. But my body has plenty of fuel, that's for sure -- I've been storing up fat for twenty years. Let it burn that!

@@Bandista thank you! i appreciate your feedback. just such a weird feeling NOT being hungry! takes some getting use to!

while I was getting adjusted to the green zone my doctor insisted I eaat 3 meals of solid food a day. now that I have reached the green zone eating isn't of concern. I told her that I have a green Protein smoothie in the morning and she was all okay with it. lunch I frequently am not hungry for so cottage cheese, yogurt, Protein Bar etc. but I always sit down and have a good dinner. the only concern I have is getting the protein in that I need. sometimes though I am always hungry so I am playing mind games to get through the day.

Hunger - appetite - cravings, etc...is in direct relation to how your band is adjusted...at least that is my experience.

First 2 fills I may feel that way for a week, maybe...then my hunger returned.

It was after my last fill that it stayed that way...hence, I never needed another fill....

That was well over three years ago, and it still is the same as it was on my last fill....

If your hunger returns, don't get upset..it is only your first fill and you are getting a taste of what it can be like, eventually...

Your hunger will appear one day. It's knowing how to eat is what you really want to achieve.

I was banded on May 23rd my first fill is June 24th. I am hungry all the time, just like before surgery! I can not WAIT til I start getting fills. I'm putting back on what I lost during the liquid phase.