Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Should I try Protein Shakes Now or Just Wait?

I'm 6 weeks post op & really sick of Protein Shakes. I'm not able to eat enough to get in all my Protein. I bought protein shakes & bars from GNC called Lean Mean. I aso froze my shakes in ice pop molds & made Fudgsicle's and banana cream pie sickles. So much easier to eat them then to drink the shakes.

smart idea to freeze May have to try that one.

I am so new at this after researching for over a year I decided that this is for me. Do you have to drink just the sweet shakes or is there an alternative?

<p>I am so new at this after researching for over a year I decided that this is for me. Do you have to drink just the sweet shakes or is there an alternative?</p>

Hey Shelly, I'm pretty new at this too, I haven't had the surgery yet but I am on my way, hopefully within the next month.

powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury.com makes a Protein chicken broth that I think is really good and a change from the sweet shakes...it can't be hotter than 140 degrees so it's warm not hot. Reason being it gets 'clumpy' when it's too hot.

They also sell a unflavored Protein powder that u add to whatever, I haven't gotten that far yet!! :)

Unjury.com sells the sample pack, so u can try a bunch of different stuff. Check it out!

Hope this helps and good luck!

That's all I know so more comments hopefully will be coming

Hey Shelly, I'm pretty new at this too, I haven't had the surgery yet but I am on my way, hopefully within the next month. Unjury.com makes a Protein chicken broth that I think is really good and a change from the sweet shakes...it can't be hotter than 140 degrees so it's warm not hot. Reason being it gets 'clumpy' when it's too hot. They also sell a unflavored Protein Powder that u add to whatever, I haven't gotten that far yet!! :) Unjury.com sells the sample pack, so u can try a bunch of different stuff. Check it out! Hope this helps and good luck! That's all I know so more comments hopefully will be coming

I got my sample pack today and can't wait to try them.

Thank you so much I'm glad there is other options than sweet. This is so different for me I'm trying vanilla and banana.

i would recommend you start trying them now. you dont want to wait until your surgery date is upon you only to realize that you dont have a Protein drink that you like!

in my support group we are trying different Protein shakes. i realized very quickly that i am allergic to some of the ingredients in a few of them! so imagine my relief to find out NOW and not after surgery and purchasing a crapload of a particular drink!

it doesnt hurt to start now...the more you can square away before surgery, the better. right now Isopure is at the top of my list...but i have others to try. i will try to order the sample packets...where can i get more forum information on that from??

I've tried a few different ones in the last several days. Really liked the Syntrax nectar lemon tea - it tasted like iced tea (ok, not exactly, but close enough!). Tried Isopure Grape Frost and the taste was ok at first but had a really bad aftertaste - still, I think it's doable if needed for the time when we all have to be on clear Protein drinks.

It's overwhelming how many brands are out there and how different everyone's tastes are - so glad I am doing this now to try and figure out what works for me.

Love the idea of the banana cream pie sickles - what shake did you use to make those?

whey Protein is best but many people become lactose intolerant post surgery and have to switch to soy. You can get Protein drinks that are coffee flavored. I like the Peanut Butter or the banana from About Time. You can also get Isopure, it comes in different flavors. Some love it. Some despise it. I'm in the despise group!

it doesnt hurt to start now...the more you can square away before surgery, the better. right now Isopure is at the top of my list...but i have others to try. i will try to order the sample packets...where can i get more forum information on that from??

Here's a great list someone started of companies that offer sample packets.

Edited by TheCurvyJones

I have been trying different shakes. Today I tried the Isopure coconut it was delicious. But I found I was not hungry at after drinking it. I also tried the GNC lean shake it was good also. I am just going to try them. I also tried the muscle milk. I did not like it at all.

Have to say, I just tried About Time Peanut Butter flavor and it was delicious! Thanks, Curvy Cakes.

Oops, sorry. Meant TheCurvyJones, not Curvy Cakes...