Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery tomorrow so nervous can't sleep!

I am scheduled for surgery at 730 am tomorrow morning, and I am so scared right now. I am terrified of not waking up of what they will do to me between 530 and 730 while I am awake. I am having second thoughts now for the first time. Is this normal? Can someone please explain exactly what will be done before I'm put to sleep? Like how many shots, etc. Thank you

I had surgery June 9 and I was also scared. I have many health issues too and was terrified of not waking up. It's normal, try not to worry. Everything will be fine it's over before you know it and each day gets easier. I got my period the day before surgery ( another common thing I hear) and when I checked in they weighed me, vitals etc... Shot of blood thinner meds in tummy which does not hurt at all... Get IV started.... Then the anesthesiologist comes in and asked questions and before you know it your off to surgery. When you wake up you may have oxygen, I did... Taken up to room and family can come in. They will put compression stockings around your legs that can be removed when you are ready to get out of bed. IV will remain in your arm for your hospital stay. It's really not bad I feel like the worst was the 2-3 day for pain but they give goodddd meds. You may have some nausea also drugs for that and It gets better each day. For me the hardest thing is gas! They fill you with gas and it is hard to get rid of unless you walk. I am 6 days out and feeling ok, a little weak.. Off all pain meds, some gas, no nausea... So doing much better. In the long run this week or 2 of discomfort will all pay off. :)

1 last thing .... Don't weigh yourself until week 2 or 3... I did and got dissapointed lol... All the Fluid and gas they pump in you takes time to get rid of and also your body is adjusting.... I actually gained 5 I was so mad but I hear it's very normal so I have promised myself to wait till next week to weigh in. Keep sipping you will be fine. Good luck :)

I am scheduled for surgery at 730 am tomorrow morning, and I am so scared right now. I am terrified of not waking up of what they will do to me between 530 and 730 while I am awake. I am having second thoughts now for the first time. Is this normal? Can someone please explain exactly what will be done before I'm put to sleep? Like how many shots, etc. Thank you

Wow I'm just now seeing the date on this thread I guess I'm late hahaha sorry glad all went well. ;)

I have my surgery tomorrow and I am also nervous about everything. I did fairly well on my pre op diet but had instances where there were a couple of cheats. I also got my cycle today and that makes me even more uncomfortable.

I was sleeved one week ago tomorrow... My experience at The Barix Clinics was about the same as everyone else had described. I did get a catheter but they didn't do that until I was already out cold. I'm 6 days post-op and feel better and better every day. Also down 16lbs since surgery. Follow everything they tell you and all will be fine! Good luck to you!

Good Luck! My surgery is also in the morning(or should I say today).I can't sleep either. Nervous and excited!

I am getting surgery tomorrow. I too and also very nervous about not waking up. I have been assured by the medical staff that everything will be okay and that it is a very safe procedure. Any help to help calm my nerves would be great!

I have the same fears. Right now I'm only concerned about waking up and waking up in manageable pain. I dont wanna wake up screaming in discomfort. I'm doing ok with it for now but I know when I'm in ur shoes ill be freaking out as well. Just breathe and realize how many of these great people have done what youre going to do and they made it ???? personally I'm jealous lol I dont wanna wait till January. Get some sleep and know this is your last day of the old you ???? my kids and I will pray for you for fast recovery ❤

Thank you! That really helped me calm down a bit. My doctor even told me I was a low risk patient so I guess that's a good thing!

Good luck with your procedure in January!!! I will keep you posted on what to expect ect.