Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded 4-21-14 & Struggling

@@Makinchanges4me Sorting out hunger was an issue for me -- I didn't know how to detect it, etc., as for years I was eating for other reasons. Now I welcome hunger -- if I'm hungry I eat and if I'm not hungry I don't eat. That last one is the key to the whole thing for me. The goal of the band is satiety after a small meal and not hungry again for four to five hours. I forget about food now, which is pretty amazing. The band takes getting used to as far getting fills if needed, learning to really listen, slowing down, etc., but when it all comes together it's so easy. Best wishes to you as you pursue your healthy future.

I too have been having 'fat' days. I love hot Cheetos, Mexican, etc. which is why my weight ballooned. I've had numerous fills since my surgery in January of 13. I thought I was getting close to my green zone but decided to go further. I had a small fill which brought my band to 7.5 out of a 10cc band. Needless to say I couldn't hardly eat. My band was inflamed and they had to take out 1 cc to reduce swelling. I made my appointment to start fulling up again but kept missing them. So it was about 2 months after my reduction that I finally made it to my appointment. And ever since then I feel like I haven't been quite so full. And even more recently I've been able to eat more. On a few occasions I have over ate. ; (

Not to mention I'm slightly a hypercondriac so I'm worried that ill do something horrible to my band if it hasn't already happened.

lcoolpix you have received a wide variety of advice from some really great advisors on here. I agree with the fact you are aware of your issues and trying hard to get back on track. Some folks are very knowledgeable on here so my advice is to listen and keep notes...LOLRH!!! I have only been banded for 5 mths and still find it hard sometimes to stay positive...but I have learned that remembering portion sizes, eat slowly and chew chew chew have helped me so much. I was just in a slump last week...it's amazing how just talking with someone about our issues can help us and get us realizing that we can be our worse enemies. Think positive...be mindful of your food choices and maybe even putting an app on your cellphone (if you have one) called Eat Slower on it...it helps me remember to put my fork down and eat slowly between bites and helps me to realize that I am not as hungry as I thought I was...the Quest Bars are awesome as well!!! You have a great place to turn to when you have issues right here...but always remember too to check in with your provider on major issues too okay? You will be in my thoughts...hang in there girl...you are doing great!

I had this same problem and was frustrated with lack of weight loss when I first started after surgery. But the Dr did a sitting fill after two other fills. This is when you actually sit up with the fill needle in and drink Water as they adjust it to be restrictive enough to just keep the Water down or comfortable with the fill. I had the problem before with not enough restriction I would eat things I knew would go through and fill me up. Now that I am truly restricted at the point where I need to be I do not get hungry like I used to before and have learned to eat very small portions and still fill full. It is an adjustment and I have also added in exercise now that the weight is coming off. You will be surprised at how much you can do when the weight starts to drop and how motivating it is. I could never run 1 mile before without nearly passing out, but now I do crossfit and run 2 miles each day which is helping the weight melt off faster than ever before. Stay away from the scale for awhile and exercise a little each day to work up to what you can do. You will get there, just be patient and get your fill to the point where it is helping you not be hungry, and tell yourself to be patient, you will get there.