Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 25th surgery date! Getting nervous!

I am very excited but very nervous. I hope I'm making the right decision in doing this. I don't want to keep second guessing myself. Anyone else feel like this??

Exactly how I feel! I'm scheduled for June 24! I'm worried about 4 weeks without food! I just keep saying it is only 1 month and think how healthy I'll feel and I KNOW I can do it!! Wishing the best .

Hang in there, I had those same emotions and now that the procedure is done I feel relieved and am on the road to the new me. I had my VSG surgery on June 4th, if you have any questions let me know. My surgeon advised me 2 weeks on liquids only and then puree for two weeks and 4-6 weeks can introduce solids based on how I tolerate them.

So far, I have had no issues keeping down Protein shakes & Water.

Best Regards,
Chris

My surgery is so far scheduled for Aug 29th ... I'm very nervous as well...I've heard people say they've done well but would never do it again...is it that bad? I know there's going to be challenges and I'm up for that ... but I'm looking for a general idea of what I'm going to be up against ... I want to be armored for this adventure... :-)

Hang in there, I had those same emotions and now that the procedure is done I feel relieved and am on the road to the new me. I had my VSG surgery on June 4th, if you have any questions let me know. My surgeon advised me 2 weeks on liquids only and then puree for two weeks and 4-6 weeks can introduce solids based on how I tolerate them.

Best Regards,

Chris

Hi Chris. How do you feel? Do you have alot of pain? I just keep reading some posts and the negative ones scare the crap outta me. I know everyone is different so I shouldn't make myself nuts. Please keep me posted on your progress.

My surgery is so far scheduled for Aug 29th ... I'm very nervous as well...I've heard people say they've done well but would never do it again...is it that bad? I know there's going to be challenges and I'm up for that ... but I'm looking for a general idea of what I'm going to be up against ... I want to be armored for this adventure... :-)

Maybe we shouldn't read the negative posts! lol I keep telling myself that everyone is different and responds differently. Just have to have faith it'll be ok! Since I'm going in before you I can keep you posted. We can commiserate.

Exactly how I feel! I'm scheduled for June 24! I'm worried about 4 weeks without food! I just keep saying it is only 1 month and think how healthy I'll feel and I KNOW I can do it!! Wishing the best .

You go the day before me. I'm not worried about no food I'm worried about feeling crappy afterwards. I just don't want to be making a mistake but I want to lose 80 lbs and be healthy.

Hi swtpea637,

I will honestly share I was terrified before I met the "good" surgeon who did my procedure. Primarily because when we did the consult his bedside manner was lacking and he used terms that didn't make me feel comfortable. My initial surgeon that

I considered was pushy, used terms like "fillet" and also even said he may get in there and have to abort the process.

Because of that experience I was very hesitant and actually decided against the surgery. That was my motivation to try something else which ultimately failed and I ended back up at the surgery option. I found a new surgeon that ranked highly and is the Director of Surgery at LVWCC.

With the above said, I have no regrets about the surgery and so far am pleased with my recovery process. The nurses and surgeon told me I did great and I was up and walking within 2 hours after surgery. Keep in mind I was walking slowly and I felt like a gas bubble. During the surgery they will inflate your stomach area with nitrous oxide which causes your mid section to swell up. This is normal so they can get the lapri-scopic equipment in there and have room to manever.

After surgery you will be uncomfortable due to the gas and it will take 24-36 hours to work its way out of you. You will have hiccups, belching and the not so polite toots. Don't worry no one is going to think anything of it, I was embarrassed at

first. Once your able to walk, try and walk this will help with the above and will make you feel better.

The hardest part for me was waking up from the anesthesia, I was wrestling around as I came too. That lasted 15 minutes, then it subsided. All and all I am happy with my decision to VSG and I am sure you will be too. I am day 3 post op today and

the bruising I had from the stomach shots subsided and really just getting use to my intake limits.

Right now, I am taking about 64 oz Protein a day (Oh Yeah Shakes) and keeping Water down nicely.

I am sure you will be fine and your surgery and weight loss goals will be a success. If you need a

pal to talk with please let me know. I wish you the very best!!

Chris

Best Regards,

Chris

Hi Chris. How do you feel? Do you have alot of pain? I just keep reading some posts and the negative ones scare the crap outta me. I know everyone is different so I shouldn't make myself nuts. Please keep me posted on your progress.

Hi cherylmonz,

Thanks for checking in, I appreciate it. Today is day 3 post op and I feel ok with pain ranking about 2 out of 10.

I have been very fortunate so far, as some of my surgery mates are having more pain then I. Today was the first

day I have been out of the house doing things. I had some pressure in my stomach area but after a few minutes

I would belch and I felt fine. No real pain but I do have Hydracodone if needed.

Just remember if you have to take pain pills break/crush them if you are a new VSG'r. I took one my first night home

crushed with a little bit of Protein shake and was fine. Yep, there are a lot of negative reviews out there, try not to let

those consume you....I had to stop watching/reading those as it was scaring me.

I wish you the best and if you have any other questions let me know.

Best Regards,

Chris

Thanks for posting. I am scheduled for June 24th and am excited, nervous! I ' m just trying to get through my school year and then I will have 10 days til surgery. I' m going to a friend's cottage during my 1000 calorie a day and 2 of my Clear Liquids days. Hoping this is not to hard to do away from home.