Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Follow back up with this center in a few days. Just keep bugging them until you have what you need. You don't want to be put on the bottom of the stack. Be sure this center is definitely willing to take you as a Medicaid patient. (Sometimes they don't like to because they don't get paid enough from Medicaid. They can make more money from patients with regular insurance.)

Getting ready for the surgery will be a long process, and yes, as long as one year before you get your surgery is probably very realistic with Medicaid. But do not be discouraged by that. Given your medical conditions, you sound like a good candidate for the surgery. Your decision to look into having surgery, changing your eating habits and improving your health for the rest of your life at age 21 is the best decision you will probably ever make in your life. It takes a lot of hard work and commitment and dedication to yourself to stick to the rules of WLS that we all have to follow to be healthy and successful, but it is so worth it.

No matter how tiring all the paperwork, etc gets, keep plugging away until you get into your pre-op program. The time will go fast and getting your surgery date will happen before you know it.

Good luck and please keep us posted how it's going for you!

Ok thanks she was telling me a list of doctors and only 2 work with medicaid, I've very committed and I have a lot of will power, I've got severe scoliosis and they think they weight caused it also,it took me 3 years to get disability because I can hardly stand for a short period of time, I won't be discouraged,I feel like wls is the only thing that will literally save me, my primary care physician agrees also,she has had 2 other people on medicaid and she said 1 not as bad as me get approved so I'm hoping for the best and I'll keep yall updated, thanks

They just informed me medicaid will not help me for some reason and it's obviously life threatening, how come medicaid won't help?

What am I supposed to do, I've tried dieting, I've got a eating problem, I've tried controlling my eating and it's difficult

Wonder if my primary care physician wrote a letter stating it was medically necessary

Your PCP should go through the appeals process. You writing a letter won't do any good. Your doctor has to document your conditions and how WLS will give you a better quality of life. Talk to your PCP or the MA in his office. Good luck.

I know I can't but the pcp I'm seeing can right one and what's a ma?, when she does what she does, does she send it to the bariactric center or what?

MA=Medical Assistant. The right hand help for most all family docs who takes your vitals and orders tests, lab work, pre-authorizations.

What am I supposed to do, I've tried dieting, I've got a eating problem, I've tried controlling my eating and it's difficult

Can you call Medicaid and determine their requirements? Find out what did not qualify you directly.

UPDATE: I'm going February 11 for my consultation to see what needs to be done to get approved,I'm so happy to even be this far,I never thought this day would be here,I'm going to Peachtree city surgical and bariactrics