Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Woo HOO!! Supreme Court upholds Partial Birth Abortion Ban!!!!

Mark sounds like your camp counselor was not smarter than mine but much HIPPER! Interesting that you grew up in So. Cal. My son lives there. His friendly next door neighbor, Mike Hunt, has a cousin named Hugh Jass. Small world, eh?

Yeah Green, the very nature of that song was long, low and soulful. In a bad way. Depressing, really. Had many verses. Almost never would be over. The best way to shake it off was to sit on our bunks and discuss boys.

Yeah Green, the very nature of that song was long, low and soulful. In a bad way. Depressing, really. Had many verses. Almost never would be over. The best way to shake it off was to sit on our bunks and discuss boys.

What used to creep me out about it was the emotion that would be automatically attached to it. I never did get it and always found myself faking it. It really was a very creepy experience for me now that I look back. Ugh! Kumbaya! Up there with clowns.:cry Who would have figured, eh.:faint:

What used to creep me out about it was the emotion that would be automatically attached to it. I never did get it and always found myself faking it. It really was a very creepy experience for me now that I look back. Ugh! Kumbaya! Up there with clowns.think.gif Who would have figured, eh.faint.gif
Now that you mention it, that was what threw me off, also. Singing Kumbaya was one of the worst parts of church camp for me. Well, that and the prayer circles, where I'd have to sit and pretend that I was praying along. It was freakin' creepy.

Dang, it didn't work and I can't edit it. This is the first time I've tried this.

Sorry!

Brenda, thanks!!

I find it interesting that the country can even limit one's travel.

At least the "authorities" appear to understand that something needs to be done to change the law. But it's hard to tell for sure. It will be interesting to see how the court rules. If anyone hears, let us know.

I wonder how many court scenes there have been that went something like this:

Religious Person "Helping" the Pregnant Woman: "Your honor, I acknowledge that this woman is really, really, really, really depressed, but in my opinion, she is not suicidal."

Pregnant Woman Carrying a Child That Wil Not Survive Childbirth: "No, Your Honor, seriously, I'm suicidal. Trust me on this one. Here, let me cut my wrist right here. Does anyone have a razor I can borrow? Here, I'll stick a pen in my eye. No, wait, seriously, I'm suicidal."

Women and men in Ireland should come to this poor young lady's aid. She's depending on the state financially and that must be why they can prevent her from going to England. It is terribly sad that the government can interject themselves in this young lady's extremely personal and emotional decision.

I know you're being sarcastic, Mark, but you are right on the money as far as I'm concerned!

I haven't been following this thread because I've been out of town, but someone mentioned a while ago that it's better for children to be aborted than to be abused later in life because they're unwanted. I was researching something else and came across this study: Study: Women Having Abortions More Likely to Engage in Child Abuse - Study: Women Having Abortions More Likely to Engage in Child Abuse

While the article is at a pro-life website, don't claim bias: the study was done by the Internet Journal of Pediatrics and Neonatology.

Seems like the reverse may be true about child abuse, eh?

Well, if this is true then what is your complaint about these individuals resorting to abortions? As you must know, more and more women who shouldn't have children are opting to keep them once they are born. This is because society is much more relaxed about unwed mothers - a good thing, I figure - and because there are some women who feel that society expects that they must keep their kiddies.

Well, if this is true then what is your complaint about these individuals resorting to abortions? As you must know, more and more women who shouldn't have children are opting to keep them once they are born. This is because society is much more relaxed about unwed mothers - a good thing, I figure - and because there are some women who feel that society expects that they must keep their kiddies.

Maybe if they hadn't aborted the first or first several children, they would have been less likely to have resorted to child abuse with later children? I certainly don't believe we should kill children just in case they might be abused later in life!