Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can I get a fill at 3 weeks post op?

Some people get fills during surgery...some people never get a fill.....

The key is, your Dr. has a treatment plan individualized just for you...no 2 treatments are ever identical because there are too many variables between individuals....and you need to stick to it...

There is a good reason why some Dr.'s are stingy with the amount of their fills with some, and aggressive with other people...

Of course, you can argue with him/her about what that plan is along the way, but in the end it is between you and him/her....

People on this forum should not tell others what is right or wrong, and what you should or should not do....what they can do is share their experiences, and then you'll see just how vast the differences can be......yet it works for the individual....

In clinic, we will see a patient and come up with a recommended course of action...then the very next family that comes into the room, although the exact diagnosis, age, etc,, after asking a few background questions, the team will come up with an entirely different approach....with the same end goals in mind.....

Edited by B-52

@@tiki luv banded Nothing is unheard of on these boards that's for sure! Your going through what is fondly known as Bandster hell right now. Where you are banded yet not at your optimal fill level and experiencing hunger.

The question is not if you "can" get a fill at this point but more "will" your doctor give you a fill at this point and only he/she can answer that question for you. Give them a call make an appointment to see them and discuss how you are feeling and what you can do about it and when they might suggest you start getting fills and how aggressively or not they plan to give them. They may be able to share that information with you.

My Dr. was very conservative with doling out the fills and it took me some time to reach any feeling of restriction let alone reach that sweet spot. I can not complain though since I did not gain any weight, and though I have not lost in leaps and bounds the numbers always go down, and I have used the time in between to learn how to live with and work with my band, as well as to break some bad habits and establish new ones. Especially in my choices of foods and times to eat etc.

Give your doc a call an discuss your long term plan of care! You'll be through this in no time!

I was on six weeks of full liquids post op with no fill. It was hard, but you know what? It's behind me now and I'm in the next phase. Two fills in and feeling good satiety on very little food. I'm so glad I followed directions and had those six weeks of tough discipline. It made a trip to Italy easier and now I am reaping the benefits. Definitely talk to your doc and nut and NP but follow what they recommend. Good luck. Before you know it you'll be in the next phase.

I have my first fill set up for exactly three weeks after my surgery per dr's request.

It's possible!