Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Australian Bandsters Chat Thread

I am a total wuss, let me preface my response with that, but there is no way I could have gone back to work on day 4 or 5 after surgery. Day 4 was my worst for the gas pains, actually. I had a full 2 weeks off work was about about 95% when I went back to my desk job...I was still a bit slow for about a week after that. I really think have a talk to your surgeon about whether they think its possible and whether they will clear you to return to work.

Thanks Smiles,

The surgeon said he used to recommend two weeks, but said that people ended up doing whatever they wanted, so was kind of leaving it up to me to decide when I felt ok to go back to work.

I guess I am just going to have to see how I go after the surgery.

Hi Liond

Have been banded for just over 3 weeks and only started to feel good a week ago.

Most people dont realise that this op takes a lot out of you and you need to look after yourself,dont rush give your body time to recover ,you are the only one who will know when the time is right. Good luck hope allgoes well for you

Ronni:rolleyes2:

Hi Tammy

How are you going? Must be nearly 11 days post op? Looking forward to hearing from you!

Ronni

I have to say guys - I was on Optifast for 2 weeks - and it was the worst EVER - I fully hated it - now that i have the band I am so much happier. Anyway I bought optifast on special and I am glad to hear that it stays good for a long time - now I use them mixed in fruit smoothies or with my oatmeal. Gives it a nice flavour and good instead of sugar.

Hi guy's,

My doctor has recommended 3 weeks off. Hey if that's what he say's who am I to disagree. Said 2 weeks should be enough but to take 3 to be sure. I don't want to rush anything. I am a week away from banding now and starting to get really nervous. One week down on the opti and one week to go. I must admit being able to have my one low calorie meal a day does help although I must admit I don't really mind the taste. I have tasted far worse. Has anyone ever had pico-prep the disgusting drink you have to use before a colonoscopy. If opti was anything like that we would really have something to complain about. My darling partner sat there eating some delicious looking pork spare ribs and my nose started to twitch. I could have just done with a couple of them but no I have been good. Decided to just get out of the room and do something else.

Is anyone else due to be banded next week????????? Love to hear from you.

Deb

could some one out theire please tell me why i am getting heartburn all the time and that i have not got any fill in my band and had it for the past few days cant eat much because of the heartburn and not drinking much because what ever i put in my mouth i get heartburn before i have to swollow it i need help thank you

Bundy55

When were you banded?

I used to get that especially in the mornings up til about 8 weeks after banding. It did disappear eventually. Hang in there.

Did your surgeon put any fill in during the op? I thought mine didn't, but there was actually 2mls in there when I went for my first fill!

Hi guy's,

My doctor has recommended 3 weeks off. Hey if that's what he say's who am I to disagree. Said 2 weeks should be enough but to take 3 to be sure. I don't want to rush anything. I am a week away from banding now and starting to get really nervous. One week down on the opti and one week to go. I must admit being able to have my one low calorie meal a day does help although I must admit I don't really mind the taste. I have tasted far worse. Has anyone ever had pico-prep the disgusting drink you have to use before a colonoscopy. If opti was anything like that we would really have something to complain about. My darling partner sat there eating some delicious looking pork spare ribs and my nose started to twitch. I could have just done with a couple of them but no I have been good. Decided to just get out of the room and do something else.

Goodluck for tomorrow Deb, everything will go really well, and it will be the best thing you have ever done. I know it's the best thing that I've ever done for myself. Cheers - Rastis

Edited by Rastis100

Thanks so much for the good luck wishes Rastis. I know it will be the best thing - I am just really scared at the moment I have had a lot of operations before so hopefully it will go as smoothly as those.

Wow you don't have far to go to reach your goal. Good on you.

I will let you know how I go when I get home. Check in is at 11.15 so I suppose I might be a bit groggy tomorrow night.

Deb

Hi everyone,

Well I have done it. I am home and somewhat sore but am looking forward to my new life as a healthier slimmer me. These liquids for 3 weeks are going to be just wonderful I can tell already, although I am having trouble even drinking them at the moment. I sometimes feel somewhat constricted in taking deep breaths - is this normal. I have 3 weeks off work so I hope to get plenty of rest and relaxation.

Deb

Hi everyone,

been a long time since I've been here. I took off for a while cause the wait til I can have the op was so long. I still have 3.5 months to go, but it seems like its just around the corner now, instead of waaaaaay into the distance. I'm planning on taking 2 weeks off work cause I work in child care and its not exactly 'light' work - all the bending and lifting children, etc. I might talk to the doc and see if he recommends longer.

So, I'm still around.

Hi Ozscot,

I've decided to go with Dr John Copp. I'll be getting the opp in October, the earliest I can because I have to wait out my 12 month waiting period for health insurance. It's taken ages, but it's also gone by so quickly!

Hi Ozscot,

I've decided to go with Dr John Copp. I'll be getting the opp in October, the earliest I can because I have to wait out my 12 month waiting period for health insurance. It's taken ages, but it's also gone by so quickly!

I love Dr Copp! His no bullshit attitude is awesome. Where are you having the op?