Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr's in Dallas, TX and Insurance info

I recently changed insurance to UHC, and I have read that they have a pretty good rate of "approving" the surgery. Is it best to go to the Dr's office and meet with them, or should I call the insurance? Also, anyone know of good Dr's in Dallas?

Thanks,

J

262 lbs goal 160 or close to that.:rolleyes:

You should ask around and see who other people used, as you are here, and then attend their seminar.

I used Richard Benavides in Richardson, and am fairly pleased with him and his staff.

There are a lot of DFW people on this forum, so you should get quite a few responses.

Call your insurance to make sure they cover WLS. Some employers won't include any WL treatment when they get insurance packages for their employees. The only way to know is by calling the insurance and ask if they cover bariatric surgery and make sure they cover the lapband. Also, ask what are the requierments for approval. Some insurance requier 6 month supervised wl program, pshyc. evaluation, nutritionist consults, sleep tests, etc. Then you should attend a few different seminars from Doc. in DFW, there are a lot. Mine is Dr. Carter in Arlington, and so far so good, I really like him and his staff. Go to www.lapbandsolution.com and www.aigb.com Here you can find Docs. in DFW, dates for seminars and a lot of FAQ.

Hope this help good luck:D

I was banded by Dr Carter on 4/11/07 and my Ins approval went fast with no problem. I filled out a form on Dr Carter's web-site and submitted it. About 2 weeks later my Ins called me (UHC-PPO) asked me a some questions and I was approved. I was amazed how fast and simple it all went after reading this forum and some of the jumping through hoops some folks have to do.

thanks for the responses. I have been to 2 meetings over the last year. My wife is leary of me doing this. I have tried all sorts of the usual stuff that you see on here. Diets--WW,Atkins (lost 30) gained back and more, Southbeach, online stuff as well as hypnosis.

I think my wife thinks I can do it the old fashioned way. Diet and exercise. I am fairly active, play softball 1 night/week. Golf when I can, not like that is alot of strenous exercise. I know it is portion size. If I could only eat 3 oz of meat and veggies and be full. I know I could lose weight. I have sleep apnea pretty bad. Diagnosed in 8/06, sleep with a CPAP now and take cholesterol meds, allergy meds.

Thanks for listening.:D :help:

It sounds like you have at least one co-morbidity (sleep apnea) so it may not be so difficult for you to get approved.

Losing weight? There isn't one of us here that isn't a pro at losing weight! The big issue is keeping the weight off once you've lost it.

Tell your wife that having lapband will probably do away with your CPAP, lower your cholesterol, and possibly help with the allergies...all of which is true :D

I recently changed insurance to UHC, and I have read that they have a pretty good rate of "approving" the surgery. Is it best to go to the Dr's office and meet with them, or should I call the insurance? Also, anyone know of good Dr's in Dallas?

Thanks,

J

262 lbs goal 160 or close to that.;)

hi,

I use dr Benevidas for my surgery and Dr. Meses for my fills they are both wonderful doctors I have had no problems what so ever. Thank God for that I have lost 122 lb and have been banded for 3years this may 07. I feel great..and also I had UHC when I had my band done I did it in 5-04 and the ins. stopped covering it in sept 04, They would not even pay for my visits to doct..I have 3.1 in my band and that is enough and have been that way for 105 years now..Good luck they are in Richarson texas

I do not want to get my hopes up, cause last time I was excited about it and of course "EXCLUSIONS" kept me from changing my life. thanks for all the comments.

Howdy my doctors name is Dr. Homero Rivas out of UT Southwestern he is awesome the number is 214 648 3067!

I've been banned only 6 weeks lost 18 pounds so far as of Monday!

Received my first fill on Monday no pain at all!!!!

BE BLESSED

Went to a seminar today, My 3rd seminar so far. I really went to see if my UHC would pay for it. I am nervous, but not getting my hopes up.

Update:; I received the call that I figured I would get.....Mr. Frendle you have an exclusion on your policy for the procedure. You can pay out of pocket if you would like. ya yeah, if I had 15K I would have done that already. Oh well. Guess I will be back to YO YO dieting.

I'm so sorry insurance won't pay. I just now got on UHC & am looking into having the surgery (if they pay). Keep up good hopes while you diet & exercise! That is what I'm doing! :)