Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Exercise - when and what did you start with

K ladies .. So tell me when did you start exercising and what did u start with? I am only 3 days post op but want to start putting little plans together so was wondering what everyone did ... Xx

I had surgery on a Wednesday and started walking for 10 minutes 3 times a day on Monday and increased it by 5 minutes each day. Now I walk 3 miles a day and I'm 3 weeks post-op tomorrow.

I started with short walks. It took me a few months before I was up to anything more stenuous. I suggest you listen to your body and don't overdo it. Also be sure to stay hydrated.

like the others I walked -- dr told me after 6 weeks I could do any exercise I wanted. I'm 10 weeks post op and doing 3 days weight training and 3 days cardio.

I still have two more weeks of no weight training left. Right now I do at least 30 minutes of cardio at the gym (because I know if left to my own devices I will just sit on the couch and marathon Game of Thrones or something). Trying to work my way back up to about 45 minutes cardio. I like to get about 3 miles in on the elliptical, but if they are all taken I will do treadmill or recumbent bike (because the upright ones make my butt numb. lol). After the 16th I should be cleared for free weights again. Yay. I miss them, because for me weights are more interesting than cardio. Because I have to concentrate on working the muscles whereas with cardio I can just zone out and watch the attached TV.

I started doing a little bit of exercise after week 1 and by week 3 I am back in my usual workout stuff. I workout for about 45 min to an hour a day and I am almost 5 weeks post op.