Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

CIGNA request for info should I be worried?

Does anyone else have CIGNA? I changed my surgery type from band to sleeve. I got a letter in the mail today that they're asking my surgeon for more info.....has anyone had this happen to them? Thanks

I got the same letter, stating that they needed more info. - It was dated the same day the dr. turned in the paperwork. I received a letter dated one week later approving my surgery. To me, it looked as if they got the paperwork after the initial request from the dr. and it generated a letter.

I got the same letter, stating that they needed more info. - It was dated the same day the dr. turned in the paperwork. I received a letter dated one week later approving my surgery. To me, it looked as if they got the paperwork after the initial request from the dr. and it generated a letter.

Ok great thanks!!! I'll quit worrying then :)

My surgeon submitted me and then I got a letter saying my approval was pending them receiving MORE information. Apparently I was supposed to write down my exercise activity and duration every day for 6 months. And also my PCP didn't take detailed enough notes. Hopefully they approve me now that I sent stuff in again. Ugh.

That's what I'm scared of!! I was previously approved for the band but then I changed to sleeve. I did only four months of visits so I'm not sure if that'll be a deterrent...I'm going to keep praying and stay positive!! I'll jump through the hoops, I'm tired of being this way.

My surgeon submitted me and then I got a letter saying my approval was pending them receiving MORE information. Apparently I was supposed to write down my exercise activity and duration every day for 6 months. And also my PCP didn't take detailed enough notes. Hopefully they approve me now that I sent stuff in again. Ugh.

That was exactly what my letter said but I guess they got everything from the weight loss dr. and approved it without needing any info from me.

I work at ci

That letter is a copy to you sent to your surgeon

It basically means that they have requirements for approval (documenting your surgery type, diets, visits etc) and they failed to receive all the pieces required for the surgery requested

Wouldn't worry about it. Just make sure that office insurance coordinator sends in everything they need timely

I work at ci That letter is a copy to you sent to your surgeon It basically means that they have requirements for approval (documenting your surgery type, diets, visits etc) and they failed to receive all the pieces required for the surgery requested Wouldn't worry about it. Just make sure that office insurance coordinator sends in everything they need timely

Thank you!! I emailed the coordinator today and she stated that it's with the medical director. I called CIGNA today but the pre-authorization dept was already closed, so I'll try again tomorrow.

Thank you!! I emailed the coordinator today and she stated that it's with the medical director. I called CIGNA today but the pre-authorization dept was already closed, so I'll try again tomorrow.

They close at 8 eastern. Call by 6 is best- nurses and clinical personnel answer the authorization line.

I wouldn't call until they medical director has had the information for 5 business days. You won't get much info unless it's been 5 days

Good luck. Even if they reject. Your surgeon can doa peer to peer

They close at 8 eastern. Call by 6 is best- nurses and clinical personnel answer the authorization line. I wouldn't call until they medical director has had the information for 5 business days. You won't get much info unless it's been 5 days Good luck. Even if they reject. Your surgeon can doa peer to peer

Thanks for the advice, I'll hold of calling. Since my surgery is not until 07/24, I do have sometime still. I appreciated you responding. Thanks!!

I work at ci That letter is a copy to you sent to your surgeon It basically means that they have requirements for approval (documenting your surgery type, diets, visits etc) and they failed to receive all the pieces required for the surgery requested Wouldn't worry about it. Just make sure that office insurance coordinator sends in everything they need timely

So I called CIGNA this morning and the rep told me, a separate medical evaluation from a doctor other than the surgeon was not received. I emailed the surgical coordinator and she stated she did send it over and she would send it again. I get home today and there's a letter in the mail stating the same thing.

I do not want to keep harassing the coordinator but I may have to!! I don't want to mess up my date since my parents are coming into town the day before my surgery, for an extended stay. Ughhh #frustrated!!

I had same thing happen with mine and had to keep on top of them. She sent it late and it was denied they had to resend everything. It was a pain!

And I work there. Geez!

Finally got it approved!!! Pre-surgical testing is on 07/11. My liquid diet starts on 07/14. I can't wait for the next phase, I've tested out Protein Shakes and so far Premier is my fave. I'll be purging my fridge and pantry soon n restocking with my post-op foods!!

Where can I found Premier?

It's available at COSTCOs n I've seen other users say Sam's club and Walmart.