Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone had surgery thru True Results of Austin?

.Hi, I haven't yet had surgery. I have a physical scheduled and am researching what happens before, during, and after surgery. Just ordered the book by Alex Brecher. And yesterday I picked up a reference book called "Weight Loss Surgery for Dummies". And am currently reading a book on Lap Band surgery from True Results. Does True Results just do the Lap Band? Has anyone had weight loss surgery thru True Results of Austin? What was your experience? Guess I'm a little concerned as I understand that you lose 40-50% of extra weight w/surgery. I'm 4'11" and weigh 170-172 lbs. I need to weigh around 100 to 105 lbs. So if I am only able to lose 35 to maybe 40 lbs in 12-24 months, I'm still very over weight. And I'm wondering about the expense and effects of surgery on my body for just 35 lbs. I'm probably being concerned about nothing. Any weight loss is healthy for me. I am 70 lbs overweight and I do need to make a healthy change A.S.A.P. Any advice appreciated on surgery and/or True Results info? Thanks!

Edited by Makinchanges4me

Hi, I haven't yet had surgery. I have a physical scheduled and am researching what happens before, during, and after surgery. Just ordered the book by Alex Brecher. And yesterday I picked up a reference book called "Weight Loss Surgery for Dummies". And am currently reading a book on Lap Band surgery from True Results. Does True Results just do the Lap Band? Has anyone had weight loss surgery thru True Results of Austin? What was your experience? Guess I'm a little concerned as I understand that you lose 40-50% of extra weight w/surgery. I'm 4'11" and weigh 170-172 lbs. I need to weigh around 100 to 105 lbs. So if I am only able to lose 35 to maybe 40 lbs in 12-24 months, I'm still very over weight. And I'm wondering about the expense and effects of surgery on my body for just 35 lbs. I'm probably being concerned about nothing. Any weight loss is healthy for me. I am 70 lbs overweight and I do need to make a healthy change A.S.A.P. Any advice appreciated on surgery and/or True Results info? Thanks!

I'm going thru True Results and having surgery Friday. I met Amber today who is also on the forum. I'm excited-everyone is very nice !!!

It's gonna be awesome!!!

Dear Makinchanges4me:

I am very excited that you chose True Results for your weight loss surgery! I have a very unique perspective in that I am a patient of True Results that had the Lap-Band surgery in 2003. Also, I have been a Patient Advocate for True Results since 2005. Here are the answers to your questions:

• True Results of Austin offers both the Lap-Band and Gastric Sleeve procedures. To determine which procedure would be right for you, the True Results team would need to understand your medical history, your weight loss goals and well as your insurance coverage. We offer a free insurance verification service so we can review all payment options.
  • Regarding research that indicates 40-50% of excess weight loss, you’ve got to remember that that is only the average. Some people have done better and some have done worse. In fact, I am personally one of the people who have achieved significantly better weight loss results by partnering with the True Results Aftercare team and following their healthy weight loss protocols. When choosing a surgical weight loss company or private surgeon, it is so important to choose one that has a comprehensive Aftercare program to ensure that you have the right resources to help you able to beat the averages. The True Results Aftercare processes were developed by Dr. Paul O’Brien, one of the world’s leading authorities on weight loss.
  • My Personal Story: I had my Lap-Band surgery in 2003 through True Results. I have lost over 120 pounds and have kept it off for 11 years. Not only do I have a whole new lease on life, it quite literally may have saved my life. Before surgery, I weighed 274 pounds and at 5’4” my BMI was 47. At that BMI, my health risk was severe. Even though I knew I had severe health problems, it was still a difficult decision whether or not to have surgery. Now, I can honestly say that it was the single BEST decision I have made in my entire life. I am not honestly sure if I would still be alive today if I had not had surgery. As for my experience with True Results, it was nothing short of amazing. I found that True Results makes the process easy and stays with you every step of the way.

One final thought. Weight loss surgery is not a magic pill, so the surgery gives you the tool to lose weight and as patients, we definitely have to do our 20% for achieve and maintain healthy weight loss. If you are committed to doing your part, I personally believe patients can beat the averages and achieve realistic, healthy weight loss goals. I see this happening every day.

@Paul. Thanks for the info. Very helpful. I know that others on this forum will appreciate it too. I can't wait to work w/True Results and start on the road to better health! Have a good evening.