Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So it's been 3 months. 3 weeks after surgery was hospitalized with severe dehydration. A week later I was scoped and dilated. Then we started cts and ultra sounds and on 5/12 we did a gallbladder surgery and he went back in to look at the sleeve to make sure it wasn't twisted which it wasn't. Then a week after a got out of hospital I'm back in for infection and dehydration. I'm still not eating. Drinking about 24 oz of Fluid a day and still on liquid diet. Saw doc on Friday and he talking about paralyzed stomach. Feeding tubes into intestines and going to bypass. He now wants me to stop shakes and focus on Water only. I drank 5 oz yesterday. 6 oz today. He wants 7 oz tomorrow. I am malnourished hair is falling out and nails are riding up of nail bed. He is no doing B12 shots hoping to help with the malnourishment. Can anyone relate?

I'm so very sorry for your problems. That is so horrible. I'm sure we all here wish you the best and hope things work out.

I had malnutrition but it was quick, now its slow. I'm starting to have problems with shaky legs and the like. It appears I have some other food issues & motility issues that are my problem. So I can get an idea of what you're going thru but nothing as rough as that.

:( Do they know why all this happened? Any way to give you an answer or closure?

<p>I'm so very sorry for your problems. That is so horrible. I'm sure we all here wish you the best and hope things work out.</p> <p> </p> <p>I had malnutrition but it was quick, now its slow. I'm starting to have problems with shaky legs and the like. It appears I have some other food issues & motility issues that are my problem. So I can get an idea of what you're going thru but nothing as rough as that.</p> <p> </p> <p>:( Do they know why all this happened? Any way to give you an answer or closure?</p>

No. They don't. Only one answer is he could of cut a nerve in surgery or I'm failing to thrive. He doesn't no.

So sorry you are having such a rough time. Please do your best to stay hydrated. Perhaps the can feed you intravenously for the short term. I hope they figure out how to help you quickly. I can only imagine how you are feeling. Sending you a big cyber hug! ((()))

You probably got the infection in the hospital. This sounds awful and it sounds like you have a good doctor. If in doubt get a second opinion. This is terrible what you are going through and is not the norm. This is your life so be proactive in asking questions, keeping a journal of the tests and the results. Ask for copies of reports. I hope they fix the problem soon. Wigs can cover the hair, mine comes out by the handfull. Please keep us posted. Research everything on the Internet that they tell you and you will find what questions to ask. As you go through it I hope you have a computer to do your research on. God bless!

You probably got the infection in the hospital. This sounds awful and it sounds like you have a good doctor. If in doubt get a second opinion. This is terrible what you are going through and is not the norm. This is your life so be proactive in asking questions, keeping a journal of the tests and the results. Ask for copies of reports. I hope they fix the problem soon. Wigs can cover the hair, mine comes out by the handfull. Please keep us posted. Research everything on the Internet that they tell you and you will find what questions to ask. As you go through it I hope you have a computer to do your research on. God bless!

I got antibiotics from the last time I was in hospital doc doesn't think it's an infection. I'm getting my records and getting a 2 nd opinion bc my mum wants one in Tennessee at Erlanger but have to get the docs office to fax them to erlanger. That's going to be stressful.

Doctors do not like being questioned. They won't like you giving records to another doctor. They will probably drop you as a patient. New doctor won't like you pointing finger at another doctor. Bottom line is do your research and act as dumb as you possibly can because they are all worried about being sued more than they will worry about you. I am simply saying this is your life and your health so make sure you know what is going on with your body as this sounds serious. You need excellent care to find out the problem.

I got antibiotics from the last time I was in hospital doc doesn't think it's an infection. I'm getting my records and getting a 2 nd opinion bc my mum wants one in Tennessee at Erlanger but have to get the docs office to fax them to erlanger. That's going to be stressful.

Jemjars - could be gastroparesis. That's what I have and had.

LindafromFlorida is dead right on the last one.

<p>Jemjars - could be gastroparesis. That's what I have and had.</p> <p> </p> <p>LindafromFlorida is dead right on the last one.</p>

No it's not had test yesterday it's that the bottoms of my stomach isn't moving so not empty. Complication from surgery

I see. Thanks for letting us know. If you would not mind, please keep us informed. I'm concerned about aftercare and I'd like to know. It is a situation that I'd probably want to tell people about, so that they would ask and know their surgeon dealt with it and didn't blow them off.

So I had another endoscopy yesterday which shows that my entire stomach doesn't move nor my small bowel or part of my lower intestines. Really don't know what is going on but I know I need a feeding tube.

I am so sorry that you are experiencing such awful complications. I hope that your Dr has a solution to get your digestive system working properly and that the feeding tube will help in the short term. Sending you a cyber hug (()) and prayers of healing and light.

I am so sorry that you are experiencing such awful complications. I hope that your Dr has a solution to get your digestive system working properly and that the feeding tube will help in the short term. Sending you a cyber hug (()) and prayers of healing and light.

Thank you

Same here. I've heard of paralyzed stomachs and just couldn't imagine. :(

Let us know how you get on.