Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shocking TLBC news

I was trying to email Nisrine today and it kept bouncing back, so I called and Stacy told me that she no longer works there as of today. I just look on the website and her name is already gone!

I emailed Kathy and she told me Nisrine was let go. She assured me that it has no affect on Dr. Yau or the clinic and it's business as usual. That's good to know

Susan

That is shocking. I just spoke to Nisrine yesterday and of course, she mentioned nothing of her leaving.

Cat

I just finalized my arrangements with Nisrine yesterday. I will give TLBC a call just to make sure that everything is in order.

I will have my procedure on May 4th, 2 days after you, Susan.

I hope that Nisrine's departure does not indicate anything that we should be concerned about (regarding TLBC). Of course, as an employee, it is always a shock to be suddenly let go.

Kathy Palermo assured me that all was well and business as usual at the clinic. I encourage you to call her or Maral for reassurance just as I did.

Susan

It's like any other organization/company....people are "let go" all the time...Unfortunately it is just "life". I don't know what happend and am not going to speculate; all that matters is that it is business as usual; it has no effect whatsoever on the surgeon's skills.

Also, lets face it....when most people are "let go"....they more often than not have an indication it is coming up; very few are surprised....Nisrine likely just didn't feel the need to mention it.

Carry on and for those of you being banded at TLBC....the pre-op coord has no effect on the outcome of your surgery!

Yoda I totally agree. The reason I trying to reach Nisrine was to confirm receipt of a large cheque from me...so naturally....especially without any food to calm me :cry , I became concerned.

I am no longer worried or concerned. I am sure that all will go well.

I'd like to have her job! (Aren't I awful)!!! Bad, bad girl!!!

Yes, bad girl, Susan. However, if you think that you can do a great job then there is no better time to apply than now.

Yoda, though it is slightly (just slightly) un-nerving, you are right. Dr. Yau's performance is not dependent on Nisrine's tenure and the operation of the clinic is likely not going to fall apart because of one staff's departure (unless it's Dr. Yau himself). Having said that, I will still call TLBC to make sure that my arrangement is properly in place. Nisrine mentioned that she would send me my pre-op instructions and materials yesterday. This is an example of a task that might slip through the cracks (say, for example, she has not sent the materials yet and with her sudden departure, no one is aware that the materials have not been sent or that they have to be sent in the first place). Nothing major but I'll still follow-up on the matter.

By the way, thank you for the notification, Susan. That is why this support site is so helpful and important.

Cat

I know Nisrine fairly well we were banded not too far apart. I haven't talked to her about this but I know she has another career that she loves as well as being the pre op co-ordinator I also know she missed that other career so it could be that she just decided to go back and pursue alternate options.

And yes If I was pre-op I would call and confirm everything that is going on and make sure nothing is falling through the cracks.

ARghh...yeah, I spoke with her yesterday! Who do we speak to now...thats who i used to talk to for all my requests (i.e. itemized bill...etc.) As someone mentionned...what if all i told nisrene falls through the cracks because she is now gone?

Call and ask for Kathy P she should be able to help you I would think.

God! what is happening to the TLBC I am starting to get unnerved by all this. Someone has to start talking to stop speculations before the clinic falls apart. Rumours will bring down a business faster than a tornedo. Doddie

I don't really see anything wrong. Dr. Joffe, has left a while ago...no big deal. Nisrene...like others said, thats life. We can't expect the same people to work there forever.

I agreee if it was a store somewhere it would just be staff turnover. The clinic exists with or without an individual member of the staff. I love Nisrine and I wish her the best and hope she is off to do something she loves too. I think it happens to be timing one leaves someone else leaves it looks bad if they were seperated by 6 months no one would have really noticed or thought they were related.