Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New Chicago Friends Thread.....

When is the next lunch get together thingie? We need to plan our Nov time, so I can get a sitter. ~Mandy

I just took a part time job at the movie theater on 59. i dont know my schedule yet but since i will probly be the only there w/o a curfew i'm sure i'll be working in the evenings. as soon as i know my schedule i will let ya know.

Hey Mandy, i just went "shopping" in a bag of your size 16 pants! It was like Christmas playing dress up!! Jay took my 1 year pics so i will post them in the before and afters. i finally am actually following the "rules' and the ice cream induced plateau is over!

We are still sitting quietly waiting for those pictures that you promised on 10-26....... ~Mandy

finally put it in the before and after pics thread!

met with the new development director this weekend at 2 alumni events for my college. i SSOOO want to be their new alumni relations director. I would have to live in Dubuque for awhile without the hubby but....

Keep your fingers crossed for me please!!

Kim, keep in touch with us, we are a great source of information. ~Mandy

When are we going to get together again? I'm working during the day mon-fri. So weekends are still good for me. ~Mandy

Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone is willing to meet up and work out. Maybe just walk or jog around the lake? Let me know if anyones interested. I know its cold, but I love this weather =)

Hi, I live on the southside of Chicago and I'm interested in getting the lap-band. My insurance had it as an exclusion, so I will be going under my husband's insurance beginning in January.

I've only seen one presentation here in Chicago regarding lap-band. Who was your surgeon? Did they help you get approved through insurance?

Any advice would be helpful!:glasses

Thanks!

Hi, I live on the southside of Chicago and I'm interested in getting the lap-band. My insurance had it as an exclusion, so I will be going under my husband's insurance beginning in January.

I've only seen one presentation here in Chicago regarding lap-band. Who was your surgeon? Did they help you get approved through insurance?

Thanks!

Dr. Lahmann (silver Cross Hospital, Joliet) does my aftercare. My surgeon is no longer in the area. Most places will help you fight the insurance company. After all that's how they get paid. If they don't help people get approved, they can't do surgery. A great place to start is Welcome to LAP-BAND.com they will send you a list of surgeons in the area. Then you have to call around and see who takes your insurance, go to a seminar, and finally meet with a surgeon. They will do an initial consultation, submit to your insurance for pre-approval. Then you get to wait. If you are denied make sure they will be willing to appeal with/for you. That was one of my first questions before I even made the seminar appointment. Feel free to ask any other questions you may have. ~Mandy

Thanks!

I would recommend Dr. Vafa Shayani from Day One Health. My experiences with him have all been wonderful. He is a really caring surgeon and he helped me a lot to get insurance approval and PCP approval (long story if you want to know i can tell you). Here's the information if your interested:

Day One Health

Dr. Vafa Shayani

60 E. Delaware Place (15th Floor)

Chicago, Illinois 60611

(312)-255-1900

Good luck with your journey.. Can't wait to have you in Bandland!!!:clap2: