Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 8 days post op and head hunger is getting to me... Or its the depletion of nutrition, that I'm super emotional and cry or get angry frequently... Anyone else feeling similar? Anyone else feeling frustrated during the 2wk Clear Liquids phase??? I've been already doing liquid vitamins and hoping it helps my mood swings and liquid protein/not shakes yet ( Dr's orders). Please anyone finding it emotionally challenging share!!!!

My 1st week post-op, I was PISSED at the world and wanted to fight! But the feelings passed around day 10. B)

After read post for the last month, being cranky is a theme when one starts this journey. As one poster put it she knew when she was hungry because she got cranky. I start my post op journey today. My wife and I have discussed this cranky issue. She is up for the challange. According to her I will get cranky at her first then be cranky at myself for being an ass. That has been the pattern with the pre opp diet. We both know that it is just a moment in time. After 30 years getting cranky at one another from time to time is not a big issue. Just remember you have it in you, so think before opening your mouth as best you can.

Couple things to remember - for women, our estrogen is carried in our fat cells. When we lose weight that estrogen gets released. While I don't have children, I've heard it is similar to pregnancy moods. The hunger you are experiencing may not be true hunger.

I hated my sleeve the first week. I cried and asked my self "what did i just do?" Now - after 40 pounds and 8 weeks of closet purging I feel awesome. The emotions have calmed down as I learn to listen to what my body wants / needs and not what my head thinks it needs.

I have very little hunger and zero cravings (well one - I crave a tater tot :( - how funny is that??? )

It gets better - it is actually better than that. I look forward to getting up every day knowing that EVERYTHING in my closet now fits and that in a month or so it won't and not in a bad way.

I seem to be more focused, more in tune with what needs to be done for me and more attentive to those around me.

It is a great ride--enjoy it!!!

Terribj- the tatter tot made me laugh! Thanks for that. Also very interesting on the hormones, thanks for sharing that!!!! I do get pangs when I've gone a little over my hour without drinking fluids, but the hunger is all mental. Preparing food for my husband is torture sometimes, and I think I do it as an exercise of offering a meal to someone I love since I can't have it, haha! Is like a food mourning ritual.

Thanks everyone for your insight and for normalizing what I'm going through right now!!!!!

I'm almost a month post op and I spent the entire morning crying today. I don't even know why!

This whole thing is emotionally draining and I am extremely irritable

I hear ya!!