Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was banded this morning! I was so nervous and excited! Everything went well, they found a large upset and stitched it up. Other than that, no complications. I have been getting up after every nap to walk around the house for 10-15 min. I feel a lot of pressure in my left shoulder, which they said the walking will help. Hopefully that means it will help quickly!

post-217390-0-22635300-1401238495_thumb.jpg

Welcome to the boards and the other side. Drink lots of Water and don't be a hero. Make everyone wait on you. You deserve it right?

Congrats! Sounds like you're doing well. Stay in touch and let us know you you're getting on....I'm paying attention, it'll be my turn in a week! I like your hospital pic :D

Thank you! Thank you! The hubby is on Mr. Mom duty until I'm back to myself again, I was able to walk quite a bit yesterday! I'm a little more sore this morning so I'm hoping I will be able to accomplish the same throughout the day. The meds are the worst part! Yuck!

Sounds like you have a good supportive hubby at home. Tell me more about the meds you talk about. Do you just not like the feeling or are they hard to take (liquid or crushed)? I'm sure they'll go over that at my pre-op on Friday, but I'm nosey! I hope you start to feel better as the days go. Hang in there!

Re: Pain meds....Many pain meds can cause your digestive system to slow down or shut down causing some serious Constipation issues. FYI

I can't handle them so I went without. Fortunately I had little pain.

One is a liquid pain medicine. And the other is a tablet of nausea medicine. I think the tablet is the worst because you have to chew it up and the taste is so bitter. And anything that comes in the red cough Syrup bottles from the pharmacy is not pleasant ether. Getting them down is the hardest part for me, but they work quickly and really help me feel more comfortable. And don't forget the walking!!! Every time I get pressure in my chest or shoulder from the extra air in me, I get up and walk laps around the house and the pressure calms down. :)

Edited by jamieteeter

<p>Re: Pain meds....Many pain meds can cause your digestive system to slow down or shut down causing some serious Constipation issues. FYI </p> <p> </p> <p>I can't handle them so I went without. Fortunately I had little pain.</p>

They suggested a liquid stool softener if the pain meds backed you up.

Congratulations new Bander and Banders to be -- exciting times! Way to go on all the walking and just keep letting Mr. Mom run the house for a while -- it's good for everybody.

I filled my pain medication prescription just in case but I didn't need it -- for me the side effects from narcotic medicine are worse than the discomfort. But even without the pain meds I had Constipation and wished I had addressed it sooner. It seems like this is not emphasized enough by our medical professionals pre-surgery.

Thanks for all the info. I already suffer from Constipation and have my milk of magnesia ready. I plan on walking frequently. I'm not a big meds person, but I will fill them just in case. I may need the anti nausea as I recall not tolerating the anesthesia well in the past.

Thanks for all the info. I already suffer from Constipation and have my milk of magnesia ready. I plan on walking frequently. I'm not a big meds person, but I will fill them just in case. I may need the anti nausea as I recall not tolerating the anesthesia well in the past.

Good deal on the Phillips mom. T bought the liquid colace and it is without a doubt the nastiest stuff I've ever tried to take

Congrats! Take it easy and be proud of being on the other side. I tried to not take pain pills either because of the Constipation. Tylenol worked really well for me.

<p>Congrats! Take it easy and be proud of being on the other side. I tried to not take pain pills either because of the Constipation. Tylenol worked really well for me.</p>

Is it safe to take Tylenol in pill form? Is there a specific type?

If you have a cvs, they have adult liquid acetaminophen

I was taking percocet in pill form the day after surgery, and was able to take tylenol in pill form, as well. just ask your doctor to be sure, they know better than anyone here.

Is it safe to take Tylenol in pill form? Is there a specific type?