Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

holy crap!!!!

I was banded 3/29 and everything's been going very smooth. Never had any restriction at all after about 10 days after surgery. This afternoon I ate a hard boiled egg with out even thinking about the band,talkingand eating don't mix. This is the very first time for the"golfball in the chest"feeling so I know this thing works.terryr

I know what you mean! I was banded on 3/22/07. The third piece of sushi I ate for dinner did not go down. First PB, not fun. What's weird is that I had the same meal 2 days ago without a problem. I guess the rice was a little too dry or maybe I took too big of a bite. I don't know. I excused myself to the restaurant and up it came. Oh well. Now I know.

LOL....I was banded on 3/30 and TODAY was my episode. Talking & eating at lunch. (I'm a teacher so heaven forbid there be a realistic time frame for lunch) And then....wham-O! I could feel the bubble just under the food and I just prayed...please let it gurgle loose, cause I really don't wanna barf! LOL :Cry:

Needless to say....I survived, I walked it off for a couple of minutes and the rest of lunch was either A) chewing or :) talking...not trying to do both!

Too funny!:bounce:

I love hard boiled eggs, but I can't eat the yolks. They'll stick me up whether I'm paying attention or not. I dont mind just snacking on the whites though.

I had my first PB experience when I just came home from the hospital on 3/31/07

I was cutting up my pain meds <since I could not take any of the liquid because I am allergic>, and I thought I cut them up pretty small. I took a quarter of the pill and BAM it stuck.... I was in such a state... then I remember someone on here saying that relaxing and let it do its thing would be best.... Sure enough, within a moments time, it came up with a lovely ball of slime. Needless to say, I never took the pills again and had my usband go out and buy me some liquid tylenol!

You all seem to have a problem with eggs. It was one of my first soft solids I tried. Never had a problem.... Weird how we all are different.

i received my band 12/22/06 and i have not had a pb episode yet i have had an incident of something sticking briefly i no longer eat scrambled eggs, i am so affraid of it i chew chew chew, cut everything up tiny and eat with a childs fork, lol i know what a worry wart

Terry, welcome to bandland. You have now entered the area you should be careful of. Next will be a PB. Slow it down girl!

slow it down guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deli meat gave me my first golf ball in the chest feeling. Just too much at one time....

Welcome to band land.

Came on tonight to make sure I wasn't the only one with a golf ball feeling and the slime. I had my first fill a week ago and have been having a little trouble keeping things down. I go slow, chew, chew, chew but still the food seems to want to come up. I'm going to try liquids for a couple days and see if maybe I'm swollen from the fill.