Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

One month out...nauseas and discouraged. Advice pls?

Diann,

I too am a nurse, and am pre op. As I have been researching this surgery I didn't even think about the prospect of damaging nerves in the stomach... Let's pray this is temporary for you since you are only a month out.

Thank you for sharing, and keep us informed.

Can they prescribe u zofran to take home for the nausea. My surgeon gave me some to take and its been a life saver.

None of the anti-nausea meds have worked for me, including Zofran. :(

I asked to be released from the hospital last night because all hell was breaking loose at home. They told me to stay on Clear liquids and call the office in the morning. I dealt with all the mess going on at home, despite my exhaustion, wishing I was still in the hospital.

I was unable to talk to my doc today as he was home sick, but I spoke to his nurse and she got me an appointment for 2pm tomorrow. I've been nauseas all day, and get a fresh wave of it after every swallow I take. I've been able to get down about 20 oz of liquid so far, fighting against the nausea (Yes, I took more Zofran).

Im really scared that this may be "the new normal" for me and I will never tolerate solid foods again. :(

Oh honey, I'm sorry you are going through this! I googled this and it is odd because sometimes a vsg is done to cure delayed gastric emptying.....must be confusing and terrifying for you. Wish I had something of value to say. I'll I can come up with are platitudes and those never help. :-(. Please keep us posted.

Doc is putting me on Reglan, which is both anti-nausea and increases gastric motility. He said to stay on liquids and see him again in a week. If the drugs don't work he will do more testing, worse case scenario he said to fix it he can convert me to RNY, but I DO NOT want that!

:::sigh::: Just when I was getting back on regular foods, I'm back to square one. :(

I'm sending lots of prayers that the medication works....fast. What's the timeline for you to know if it will work?

A week I guess, since that's when he wants to see me next.

The stomach flu is going around at my house right now. I pray I don't get it. If I start throwing up I'm pretty sure they will put me back in the hospital.

A week I guess, since that's when he wants to see me next. The stomach flu is going around at my house right now. I pray I don't get it. If I start throwing up I'm pretty sure they will put me back in the hospital.

Wow! I'm so sorry! And the stomach flu on top of all of this! Oh I hope you don't get it. I hope the reglan helps too. I had gastroparesis shortly after I had my last baby and reglan helped me with in hours. I hope it works quickly for you! Let us know how you are.

Doc is putting me on Reglan, which is both anti-nausea and increases gastric motility. He said to stay on liquids and see him again in a week. If the drugs don't work he will do more testing, worse case scenario he said to fix it he can convert me to RNY, but I DO NOT want that! :::sigh::: Just when I was getting back on regular foods, I'm back to square one. :(

did you see my post that i had the same thing and acupuncture helped me a lot? i went 3 times a week for 3 weeks... made a big difference. if you google natural treatments for gastroparisis, acupunctures was shown in a study to actually help.