Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

One month out...nauseas and discouraged. Advice pls?

Sending hugs!!

My thought and prayers are with you,,, keep us posted hope everything be ok

Hope u feel better. I was hospitalized 3 times since my sleeve on april 9 for dehydration. I guess the sleeve is easier for some people to adjust then others. Praying for u

I never thought I would be "one of those people" who would be hospitalized for dehydration. I'm a nurse, for heavens sake! It's just hard to sip, sip, sip when your tummy feels so full and icky. I didn't realize how hard this would be.....

My Labs were OK except for my potassium being low so they are giving me some in my IV.

I hope they don't find anything major wrong with my sleeve tomorrow during the upper GI. I sure don't want more surgery!

I know the feeling. Im a nurse too lol I guess nurses do make the worse patients. I had to have potassium too iv. Burns like a b@#/h. Good luck with the tests

I was hospitalized for dehydration too and yes it does get better... I was sleeved on 10/10/12 and was told eggs are very difficult for most sleevers. I tried eggs in my early months and got sick as well so I have not eaten them since. Hope you feel better soon hang in there.

I know the feeling. Im a nurse too lol I guess nurses do make the worse patients. I had to have potassium too iv. Burns like a b@#/h. Good luck with the tests

I had to have 4 bags of potassium. I had her run them slow because my IV is in a small vein in my hand, so it took all night and it did burn from time to time. I'm still on IV fluids and feeling much more hydrated and definitely peeing more. Lol

The doc said I will have to go back to liquid diet for awhile, then purees. That's fine. I've been having trouble with fluids ever since I started purees because I get so full and stay full for hours.

Waiting for my upper GI which should be in the next hour. If it's normal I should be able to go home if I can prove I'm drinking enough. I have to find a way to get my fluids in. ..I wanna go home and not come back!

Boiled eggs are hard for me even without the sleeve, cause lots of gas and discomfort. Hopefully, that is all it is. Keep us posted please..................

I am getting sleeved the 27 of June.................

Just had my upper GI. The Radiologist told me I have delayed gastric emptying. The nerves in my stomach aren't working properly, the contrast just sits there instead of funneling through. This could be a temporary effect from the surgery, or it could be permanent (not good).

It does explain my symptoms, why I feel so full all the time it's hard to get my fluids in. At least I know it hasn't all been in my head. Waiting to talk to my surgeon now to see what the game plan is. I just want to go home.

Just had my upper GI. The Radiologist told me I have delayed gastric emptying. The nerves in my stomach aren't working properly, the contrast just sits there instead of funneling through. This could be a temporary effect from the surgery, or it could be permanent (not good). It does explain my symptoms, why I feel so full all the time it's hard to get my fluids in. At least I know it hasn't all been in my head. Waiting to talk to my surgeon now to see what the game plan is. I just want to go home.

i too had this. it was from the scar tissue from pancreatitis i had 10 years ago. i had excessive swelling in my stomach. (it might have just been from the surgery too, i am prone to inflammation) my doc felt sure i needed to be patient, what really helped was acupuncture (3 times a week for 3 weeks) and reglan. (only take reglan short term though, it can have yucky side effects) my doc was right.. somewhere around week 9 i was able to go off the nausea meds and was able to drink and eat a bit without gas, nausea and vomiting. i didn't really feel like everything was OK until month 5 though... so it was s long haul.

(feel free to private message me)

Edited by moonlitestarbrite

I got nauseas this afternoon, so I have to stay on Clear liquids and they're keeping me another night in the hospital. :(

My brain wants to eat something, but my tummy doesn't feel ready for solids.

I really just want to go home, but at least tomorrow I know I can talk to my surgeon about exactly whats going on and what we can do about it. I've had on-call docs the last 2 days and they have no answers for me.

I got nauseas this afternoon, so I have to stay on Clear Liquids and they're keeping me another night in the hospital. :( My brain wants to eat something, but my tummy doesn't feel ready for solids. I really just want to go home, but at least tomorrow I know I can talk to my surgeon about exactly whats going on and what we can do about it. I've had on-call docs the last 2 days and they have no answers for me.

Oh I hope it all goes well! Hang in there. Hopefully your stomach just needs more time on liquids.

Hang in there... I am just a 6 days out and I hope you're better and home soon.