Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fast food question

do u guys every get to enjoy fast food? i loved kfc and mcd's etc...will i ever be able to enjoy even a little bit...right now i am at my witd end..i am on week 3 of liquids and about to die,heheee.e..i feel SO DEPRIVED RIGHT NOW??

I decided to use my surgery as a catalyst for change. Fast food was one of the reasons I needed the surgery in the first place, so I figured that returning to my old haunts would just sabotage my efforts! I'm not saying that I *never* have fast food anymore, but I try to choose better foods and to have them less often than I used to. If I'm out and have to grab lunch, I usually get a Taco Bell taco salad without the sour cream, and skip the crust, or Wendy's chili.

Tami

I can't eat any fast food at all. I mean no McDonald's whatsoever. It get's stuck every single time so I don't even try anymore.

Hi all -

I work for Disney, and we ALWAYS have a healthy eating group meeting once a week. They posted this to everyones e mail to help those who eat out a lot rather than bring their own lunch.< /p>

I thought I would post the link.

Hope it helps. It was quite eye opening for me. I always look at fat and carbs. That is what my doctor told me to do rather than count calories. Doesnt make me want to eat out very often at all.

Thank God I usually bring my lunch!

http://www.healthchecksystems.com/ffood.htm

I decided to use my surgery as a catalyst for change. Fast food was one of the reasons I needed the surgery in the first place, so I figured that returning to my old haunts would just sabotage my efforts! I'm not saying that I *never* have fast food anymore, but I try to choose better foods and to have them less often than I used to. If I'm out and have to grab lunch, I usually get a Taco Bell taco salad without the sour cream, and skip the crust, or Wendy's chili.

Tami

As a short time bandster-I echo this successful long term bandster above. Though none of us want to feel deprived, fast food is a major reason we and so many children are now obese. Stop the insanity-do not give those corporate A-hs your money. Just like the tobacco companys they exist to get you hooked and make money. Read the book Fast Food Nation, even my overweight friends who are not ready to lose weight yet,either quit fast food or seriously re-thought thier choice to eat it. Any fried chicken or HB you make at home will be much better for you. If convience is want you need, there are many other foods out there that do not kill. That said-I do miss my Big Macs and was really disappointed a few years back when Jack in the Box got rid of the Chicken Supreme Sandwich, but I finally reached a point where I chose life instead.

Tami

I have a clone recipe for Wendy's Chili. I entered the whole thing in www.nutritiondata.com and amazingly, it's not bad at all. When I make it I use ground turkey instead of ground beef and it's an excellent recipe.

I don't think Wendy's chili is bad at all. It's loaded with Protein, it's very filling, and without cheese the calories are not bad.

Hi all -

I work for Disney, and we ALWAYS have a healthy eating group meeting once a week. They posted this to everyones e mail to help those who eat out a lot rather than bring their own lunch.< /p>

I thought I would post the link.

Hope it helps. It was quite eye opening for me. I always look at fat and carbs. That is what my doctor told me to do rather than count calories. Doesnt make me want to eat out very often at all.

Thank God I usually bring my lunch!

http://www.healthchecksystems.com/ffood.htm

While I appreciate what they are trying to do I disagree with what they think healthy choices are. For example, KFC:

Colonels Crispy Strips, 3 pcs 300 Calories

That is 300 calories and doesn't include a side or a drink. That's a lot of calories. It also doesn't list trans fats that these foods are full of.

Well you will to some degree. Up until my last fill I could have gotten a McDonalds cheeseburger down, although I think I only did it once.

I still probably could but it gets to the point where it takes so much effort that you cant be bothered. And miraculously you do just lose your taste for it. Mcdonalds has no appeal whatsoever for me anymore, and I did used to love it. Now its just nothing to me.

KFC I havent eaten in probably 20 years anyway, ick any chicken where the bones are soft CANNOT be good, lol.

I can eat the top of a slice of pizza if the family has it, I can eat the base too but really, I dont want it so why. I cannot eat fish and chips anymore, just no way. I keep Lean Cuisines etc in the freezer for takeaway night now, I often dont participate.

If I eat out I try and eat a McDonalds grilled chicken caesar with the reduced fat Paul Newman's dressing. It is difficult for me to get all the chicken in. It may take me an hour to eat just the chicken. That is a great choice though. If I eat a hamburger for example I can only eat 1/4 go 1/2. I feel like its a waste of calories. Good luck. Make healthy choices. That is what is most important.

I completely agree with you, but this really is for those unbanded people who would like to have fast food without their own guilt... LOL I do not agree with them, But it is nice to have an idea of what you are consuming. At times, when I do not bring my lunch <mind you that is prior to my band> I would go to subway and get a veggie 6inch ..... God I still miss those. But I was trying to answer the question for the one posting the thread.

While I appreciate what they are trying to do I disagree with what they think healthy choices are. For example, KFC:

Colonels Crispy Strips, 3 pcs 300 Calories

That is 300 calories and doesn't include a side or a drink. That's a lot of calories. It also doesn't list trans fats that these foods are full of.