Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It's been just over 2 weeks since surgery and technically 13 days since my 2nd surgery. My hospital journey didn't go as planned I had to go back into surgery on the day I was suppose to be discharged from the hospital. I was fighting some sort of infection and they feared a leak which there wasn't but they ended up putting drains in the 2nd time due to too much Fluid built up that I was having a very hard time breathing. Having a hard time doing anything really. Put me on antibiotics and took me off anything oral again everything was IV. I was scared and said what the HELL did I do to myself!!!!!!!!!!! Thank god my fiancé never left my side because I was scared. But I felt so much better when I woke up believe it or not and I truly believe it had a lot to do with the drains. So my hosp stay ended up being 8 days instead of 3. When I made it home I had some nausea for a couple days and was beyond tired and weak. I could not stand for any length of time without feeling faint. And to top off feeling like crap all the heparin in the hosp they gave me started my period and I was pissing out of my a** from the antibiotics for days. Haha I can laugh about it now because it's all a memory now. Everyday I am getting better. Went home with one drain but had it out this past Tuesday and feel even better now that it's out. I am able to get liquids in and shakes and a little food. About 1/4 of a cup at a time. Vitamins don't make me sick which is great and today for the first time I felt like I had enough energy to leave the house and drive. I have learned how important liquids are because whenever I felt faint or out of breathe and my heart would race, if I sat down and focused on getting in the Water I started to feel better. It's hard at first everything turned me off and I just didn't want it. But I had to get over that I would be back in the hospital. I had my regrets about this but I only feel that way when I feel weak or tired but on the good days and times I am doing what I should and I feel ok I don't regret it. I also know I will only keep on getting better if I do what I should and I'll regret nothing.

I'm so sorry you had complications. It sounds like you are on the right track now. Hang in there, you're doing great.

Thank you for sharing!! I'm sure those complications were very scary & I'm so glad you're feeling better now! May sleevers unite!