Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi, Thanks for your response. It's been 6 weeks since surgery and have lost 26lbs. I am feeling pretty. Going to the surgeon next week and will probably have my 1st fill. Thank you again

Donna

Donna,

That's fabulous! Which band do you have?

Let us know how your first fill goes! Congrats on the *awesome* progress.

<p>Hi Dani, Thanks for the encouraging words, but believe it or not I never asked what band I have, will have to ask when I see the surgeon next week. Do you know what the differences in the bands are? Until I saw posts from other people I never realized there were different bands. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks Again, Donna</p>

hi ... im working with nyu and will have dr. Ren as my surgent.

has anyone had her??

im really looking forward to a new life :) .. surgery is 3 weeks away!!!

-M

hi ... im working with nyu and will have dr. Ren as my surgent.

has anyone had her??

im really looking forward to a new life :) .. surgery is 3 weeks away!!!

-M

Hey Bandi, If i may ask, who is your INS and how long did you have to work with NYU to get approved?

I'm still not sure if I will have Dr. Ren or Dr. Fielding....

WOW.. I didn't know she had a band.

Well you almost there. I hope everything goes well and please let us know how things go at NYU.....

waent to see dr. ren for the consultation today...

im getting banded june 23!! its so soon! cant wait :confused:

right before that there is a pre admission medical evaluation.

but thats just blood work.. ekg.. nd chest x-ray :eek:

thanks im really excited :o

i also found out there is a really awesome book out now.. for those of us getting banded.. it could act as a guide and a motivation to get the banding done and succede, for those of you who already did it.. well.... its a book of inspiration and an example i would like to follow. either way.. i think its a good investment for anyone who had or is having the proceadure.

nyu medical representttt .. haha

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Fighting-Weight-Procedure-Eliminates-Hunger-Forever/dp/0061170941]Amazon.com: Fighting Weight: How I Achieved Healthy Weight Loss with "Banding," a New Procedure That Eliminates Hunger--Forever: Books: Khaliah Ali,George Fielding,Christine Ren,Lawrence Lindner[/ame]

Whats up my fab New Yorkers..im glad to hear you guys are doing well. Im planning on being banded by Dr Kurian at NYU..has anyone went to her. I have heard she is really good. :lol:

hello fellow new yorkers... i heard rumor that some restaurants in new york offer baritric sized portions if you call ahead. has anyone here been to such a restaurant or know of a master list of them?

thanks in advance for your help.

Hey all. I got banded by Dr. Fielding on 3/6/08; I'm doing really well, everything went smoothly. The NYU practice is one of the busiest in the country; this can make it a pain in the neck in terms of waiting for appointments and the waiting room being crowded, but if you're a big person being operated on, you want an experienced staff, and you can't do better than the NYU people.

I'm going to start a new thread to see if anyone wants to take my chocolate Royale Low Carb Slimfast Optima off my hands - free. I have five and a half 6 packs...

Dr. Ren really is amazing :wink2:

I am down from 281 to now 213

my goal is by the end of the summer to be 190

and then by next February to be 160

i am a very picky person when it comes to doctors and

she impressed me with her honestly and knowledge