Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Please put my mind at ease....

In 4 short hours I am hopping a plane and heading the family down to Disneyland. Very excited.

Now, please tell me I won't buzz the buzzers going through the metal detectors. Please tell me my band won't bloat up and cause me to not be able to eat or drink.

Please tell me it will be OK.

I guess I should take my band card hey?

I'd appreciate any advice on travelling, and going on amusement rides for that matter.

Thanks in advance.

I wish I had something for you but I don't. I do know that you will not set off any metal detectors. Do take your card with you so you can get kids menu items. As for the rides I think you should be just fine unless you throw up easily then skip any that might make you do that and just relax and have fun :)

Paula, no worries you will be fine. I just went to an amusement park the other day and enjoyed all the rides. My port site didn't matter. I couldn't feel it. One was even upside down! Have fun. Julie

Thanks Julie and Molly, I am on my way.

I love rides, never throw up. I am sure I can outlast my kids......still worried about the metal detectors however.....lol

I dont know if you will get this before you leave, but I work for Disneyland, and I know for sure that you will not have any problems with the security systems.

And also, there are a wide veriety of foods at the park, but the best places to go are the venders who sale fresh fruits and veggies. Make sure you bring pleanty of Water bottles. They dont sale a lot of drinks other than sodas. Their water bottles are 3.00 a piece.

Hope you have a magical time!

I know you are already gone for but others that are reading...I fly several times a year and have never set off anything with my band/port. I also ride ALL the rides with no problem. I carry my lapband card everywhere in case of emergency. Hope you have a blast...I am counting down to my trip. Tell Mickey I said Hi! ~Mandy

You were right, I did not set off any metal detectors. I was eyeballing up the person at the 'walk through' wondering how one explains that yes, it is a weight loss device in my belly, ha, but my underwire bra didn't set it off either.

Disneyland was wonderful, I rode all the rides with my 3 kids 3-4 times in a row. Autumn, I was VERY impressed with the fresh fruit available at the park. My kids headed for the pineapple every single time.

I had a blast, and the only time I knew I was banded was at dinner time. I never ordered a meal, just ate off my 7 and 9 year old plates since they NEVER finish even a kids size meal. So that sure saved a lot of money. Also finally got smart and hired a taxi to take me to a grocery store where everthing was much more reasonalbe.

So California Screamin' 4 times

Maliboomer 4 times

Tower of Terror 4 times, etc, etc, had a blast, laughed like a kid.

The BEST part of the trip, was NOT weighing myself for a full week. One evening whilst running to catch up to my kids my pants did almost fall down. I was holding them up at the airport on the way back. They were loose when I left, and looser upon my return.

Thanks for putting my mind at ease. Disney was AWESOME!