Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi my name is Briana , I'm having the gastric bypass surgery . I don't know when my date will be due to Having the group classes in June , but I'm close enough to be having so many mixed emotions I'm really scared , nervous , anxious , happy really just all of the above I have so many emotions . I'm super excited and want the surgery to be over and done with so I can start a new beginning in my life but then I just want to enjoy the time I have now just incase . I have an amazing support system and wouldn't change my love for the world he is completely happy with whatever I want and chose to do , even though he is there I'd love to share with someone going through what I'm going through just having support that way would be great as well :) . Good luck to everyone having their surgery in the up coming months wish you nothing but the best in your new beginnings .

Totally understand the scared, nervous, anxious, happy feelings -- my date is June 9th and I feel all those things. And I'm also tired of all the build up -- let's just get er' done!

Welcome to the boards... you'll learn so much!

Ginger

Yes, you are embarking on quite a journey! Good luck to both of you! You will find lots of support and good information on this site. Keep us all posted on your progress. :)

Good luck to you both, as a newbie too and looking at a July date for me, I know exactly how you feel. I was going back and forth for too long until I realized nothing can be worse than a declining life. So stay strong and good vibes to you both.

Good luck to you both, as a newbie too and looking at a July date for me, I know exactly how you feel. I was going back and forth for too long until I realized nothing can be worse than a declining life. So stay strong and good vibes to you both.

Bellalulu : yes there are days I'm scared and don't know what could happen after or while surgery but then I think I also don't know what could happen tomorrow . This is right for me and I know it and in beyond ready is the anticipation from it being so so close but yet so far away . Then I think of the pain some say it's nothing and others say it hurts , at times that scares me too but then I think to myself that I had a baby if I could do that and be fine and almost dying 3 times due to having preeclampsia then I KNOW I can do this . I am STRONG WOMAN and I can do this because if I don't and it gets worse ill end up with medical conditions and I don't want that .

Brillee, omg yes! Doing it now while you have no co morbidity as they call it, is the best thing for you. I wanted this surgery years ago and I was in great health but too many people scared me away from it. Now I am on insulin, type 2 diabetic, new thyroid conditions and there are days where I have zero energy. So yes you have been through child birth as have I and that's a doozie. Lol. Don't worry about pain, they say we don't have nerve endings in our stomach so we shouldn't feel pain per say, lots of people don't have pain but instead it's the gas that they get filled up with that gives them that pain. So I am here for you when you need and wish you the best. We can all just do our best with this and hope for the best.

I completely understand all of those emotions. I just had my gastric bypass surgery this past Monday on the 19th. It was the best decision I have made. The hardest thing for me is loosing my best friend(food). I didn't think between the pre op and post op diet that it would be hard, but it's very hard. I crave fried foods so bad. I'm sure you will go thru this eventually if you haven't already. It is awesome that you have such a great support system! A great support system keep you motivated and stays positive. Good luck thru your entire new life!!!

I completely understand all of those emotions. I just had my gastric bypass surgery this past Monday on the 19th. It was the best decision I have made. The hardest thing for me is loosing my best friend(food). I didn't think between the pre op and post op diet that it would be hard, but it's very hard. I crave fried foods so bad. I'm sure you will go thru this eventually if you haven't already. It is awesome that you have such a great support system! A great support system keep you motivated and stays positive. Good luck thru your entire new life!!!

How is everything going ? I thought I replied but I guess I was wrong sry. I crave some foods sometimes and when I cave in and have it I feel horrible and get mad at myself but I'm pre op so I'm trying to work past these kinks before I have the surgery then give in and get sick but hey I guess I'll learn my lesson then won't I lol

I'm doing really good now. I'm 13 days out and feel great! I stuck to my pre op diet because if not your surgery could be aborted because your liver might not be shrunk enough. Also, the pre op diet gets your brain ready for surgery and stops bad habits. I have been to 3 drs in different states and all 3 made the rule that their patients had to do the 2 week pre op diet. I'm almost off my 2 week post op and I have stuck to it. I'm not going to lie..it was hard!!!! Mental hard. But I knew I couldn't cheat because 1.) the surgery would be pointless and I'm setting myself up for failure. 2.) my stomach hasn't healed, so I didn't want a medical issue to happen. And 3.) I didn't want dumping syndrome, esp. during my healing stage. I would recommend distracting yourself when hungry or cravings arrive..at least for now. Your body will not be able to tolerate certain foods. Remember you are doing your surgery for a reason and have goals. Keep you mind on your goals and dreams and don't let food get in your way. I know it's hard, but you can do it!!! (:

I'm doing really good now. I'm 13 days out and feel great! I stuck to my pre op diet because if not your surgery could be aborted because your liver might not be shrunk enough. Also, the pre op diet gets your brain ready for surgery and stops bad habits. I have been to 3 drs in different states and all 3 made the rule that their patients had to do the 2 week pre op diet. I'm almost off my 2 week post op and I have stuck to it. I'm not going to lie..it was hard!!!! Mental hard. But I knew I couldn't cheat because 1.) the surgery would be pointless and I'm setting myself up for failure. 2.) my stomach hasn't healed, so I didn't want a medical issue to happen. And 3.) I didn't want dumping syndrome, esp. during my healing stage. I would recommend distracting yourself when hungry or cravings arrive..at least for now. Your body will not be able to tolerate certain foods. Remember you are doing your surgery for a reason and have goals. Keep you mind on your goals and dreams and don't let food get in your way. I know it's hard, but you can do it!!! (:

Yes I do I'm trying. It's only hard sometimes. But I'm pushing thru because I want this and I'm going to show myself I can :). Happy for you and your new journey , I can't wait to be where you are. .