Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Follow up visit with sports med doc

We talked about all the physical weirdness post weight loss on another thread. Well, I have really been suffering some pain. It all started with a gym injury in January that apparently has exposed some "issues"

Anyway, sports med doc said it might be weight loss related but he sees people with my issues who were never overweight. I am going to try in addition to Phsycial therapy and chiro... a supportive vest kind of thing for my back. More info to follow...

He said a couple of other notable things... "you are a young 49, but you aren't 19". I think that was a realistic expectations comment. :)

He was very worried about my recent loss of appetite and emphasized exactly what follow up needed to happen with my primary care doc. He gave some very compelling reasons and told me to not assume it was related to the sleeve... better safe than sorry. I listened and will be scheduling soon.

He also told me I was the most successful weight loss surgery patient he had ever met (in terms of maintaining a large loss and attaining a level of fitness and activity). I thought that was intriguing as there are many of us on this very forum that have lost and maintained significant losses. Wonder how rare that really is?

Good luck with everything. I hope everything works itself out. I know those gym injuries aren't fun lol. And congrats on the 140 this morning (I stalked you in another thread lol)

I'm glad to hear that you found a good doctor!

I think it is rare to keep it off but to also be this active. I found few people who have done the competitions and the like. Most drop off. We had a group that did a few things here but they dropped out after a few months.

:)

I'm VERY proud of you!! Keep the end up and show everyone that you can do all sorts of things after surgery.

Thanks Star... I have been floating in the 140 to 142 range for a month or two. I stalk too..haha.

Good luck with everything. I hope everything works itself out. I know those gym injuries aren't fun lol. And congrats on the 140 this morning (I stalked you in another thread lol)

I think it's more common for us sleevers to maintain the weight loss the the Gastric Bypass people. Their stomachs stretch way more than ours do. My daughter can eat a pretty normal sized meal, not a sleeved slze meal.

I think I am getting more restriction as time goes on , not less. Maybe it's from scar tissue.

You're lucky to have such good doctors up there, that can check everything out for you. I am pretty much on my own over here. I know that's what I get for going to Mexico, but my ins. would not pay for anything weight loss related, even post op.

You made an excellent point OregonDaisy. Our stomachs are cut so that the least stretchy part is there.

I sincerely hope your restriction isn't from a bad but good problem.

Same here for being on my own.