Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have a question on hunger

Since early April i have been cutting back on the simple cabs and sweets, Eating sensible meals through out the day, but there is something unusual going on. I am not hungry at all. Is my system in shock? I have lost so far 12 pounds, but i am a bit concerned that i am not hungry. I drink plenty of Water, i stopped drinking coffee. Any thoughts on this? I just do not want to to feel mad hungry after the surgery (June 17).

I am basically experiencing the same thing but I asked my NUT how to get to this point. I wasnt giving myself enough Protein which caused me to get to the starvation point on the hunger scale and I ate anything that was close when i had the hunger pangs. She taught me how to stay saited and she told me that will be my goal for the rest of my life. I basically eat and drink the way i would after I am fully healed from surgery even though I am pre-op. Lots of Protein, Fiber, a few carbs (that was surprising) and lots of Water. Of course, she has told me my post op weeks wont be like this due to swelling but i have lost 15 pounds. My fat total is going down and my muscle is going up which is my goal I am told. Since muscle weighs more my scale isnt showing what is really going on but it is dropping a few pounds a week.

Thanks for tip. I was afraid that i was not eating as much and not feeling hungry does not help. I am thinking that i will introduce whey Protein isolate into my current routine.

One reason you are not hungry is you are limiting the carbs. The more carbs you eat the more you crave. Years back when I was on the adkins diet it worked the same. and now with the sleeve, between the decreased grehlin production, Protein diet and restricted capacity its a triple whammy on the hunger. The only time I crave something to eat now is when I get bored, and then any Protein source cures it.

Bob,

Thanks for your insight. I did Adkin neon years ago, but I was eating like an animal, but losing weight. I am a lot older now, but I guess age and levels of stress make a difference for the positives. I just do not want to get hit by the hunger truck :)...

Anyway, I did have a "boredom" moment and got a hunger pang. I never felt it before but since I am more aware of my body triggers a piece of chicken did help out the "feeling".

I think I am going to keep a journal to remind me along my path.

Thanks!

Michelle