Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This forum is dangerous

The first thing I think of as I walk past a pizza place is dripping with fat. And start to feel slightly ill. Without fail. I guess this might just be the online equivalent?

The "band diet" may not have to be strict, but it is vital to eat well. pizza is not my idea of eating well. And to be perfectly honest, a good number of the bandster who are at goal ate what can be considered a strict diet (and exercised daily, but that is not the issue at hand - sorry, I tend to get side tracked)

And a lot of people who are losing quite well eat an average diet in moderation. I'm at four months and -60 lbs.

I don't want to make a bandster diet impossible and for some people the diet the OP proposes would be impossible. For SOME they would fail at such a diet.

I don't think banding means to give up all things people enjoy, it's a mindset about moderation and common sense. I think we have to be realistic about the population we are talking about.

Not all pizza is dripping with fat. If your pizza is dripping with fat, I'd be finding a new pizza place.

I have not touched pizza in 28 months. And I do not intend to, so no need to find a fast food place. But I am not blind. I see the pizza boxes coming out of the stores. The grease on the bottom of the box is enough for me to see that it is not healthy.

But hey, I am not the food police, for anyone (not even my husband who needs it) All I do is make choices for me. I was just pointing out that generally speaking, pizza is not healthy.

And I am down 183lbs in 18 months (8 months at goal) Was I wrong to exclude fat laden foods from my diet? I don't think so.

And I am down 183lbs in 18 months (10 months at goal) Was I wrong to exclude fat laden foods from my diet? I don't think so.

I never wrote you were wrong about your own food choices, not even close. What I wrote is that we need to keep in mind the population we refer to. If most of them COULD stick to a low fat, low cal diet they wouldn't have needed a band. They wouldn't have needed surgery at all. Not everyone can stick to such a diet.

I've had pizza twice since banding. Once it didn't work, once I ordered it extra crispy and without cheese. A veggie pizza without cheese, not exactly dripping with fat. Some pizza is nasty with grease puddles in the middle. Not all pizza is that way.

If pizza isn't your thing, kewl beans! But that isn't the case for everyone.

Have you EVER put a morsel of food in your mouth since banding that wasn't low fat, low cal, and absolutely healthy? Ever? For you it might be one food, for another it is pizza. We are all different and we need to keep that in mind.

pizza was my thing. My husband and I could eat our way through 5 large pizza's, garlic bread and coke, and still be hungry.

Now, I make the choice to NOT eat things that made me as fat as I was.

In the last 2 years, yeah, I can count on one hand the times I have eaten something that was as bad as a pizza. I am pretty careful with what I put in my body. It is my temple. And if I want to live a long, healthy life, I need to.

But, again. That is *ME*. My body. My choices. I was just sort of pointing out why it may bother other people. If I wanted every one to eat just like me we would have a world full of vegetarians.

Actually, that wouldn't be a bad thing. If the veggie way of eating was even more mainstream than it is now, it would be so much easier to buy good vegetarian food! LOL

pizza was my thing. My husband and I could eat our way through 5 large pizza's, garlic bread and coke, and still be hungry.

Now, I make the choice to NOT eat things that made me as fat as I was.

In the last 2 years, yeah, I can count on one hand the times I have eaten something that was as bad as a pizza. I am pretty careful with what I put in my body. It is my temple. And if I want to live a long, healthy life, I need to.

But, again. That is *ME*. My body. My choices. I was just sort of pointing out why it may bother other people. If I wanted every one to eat just like me we would have a world full of vegetarians.

Actually, that wouldn't be a bad thing. If the veggie way of eating was even more mainstream than it is now, it would be so much easier to buy good vegetarian food! LOL

But you see my point? You HAVE put food in your mouth that wasn't perfect food. Others do too, their choice might be pizza. Yours is something different. You don't stick to the perfect diet 100% of the time, none of us do. Nobody on that pizza thread suggested eating pizza daily is a good thing. That was my point.

Now, with the veggie diet I would agree with you. I used to be vegetarian and if I could I still would. I gag when I eat tuna but due to band challenges about the only two foods that go down without barfing are tuna and Protein shakes.

I just can't do other dead critter. I don't care for it anyway and just thinking about chewing chicken or beef to a liquid state makes me want to hurl again.

I think you missed my point. Maybe half a dozen times, in over two years of banding? That is not the same as having weight loss surgery, then 3 weeks later eating pizza (and pizza usually is fatty, unless it is the veggie no cheese type)

My point is still that pizza is not healthy. Not once a week, not once a month. It's not healthy 3 weeks post op. It's not healthy 3 years post op.

Yeah, I ate a slice of mud cake on my birthday, a fruit mince pie at Christmas, a choc bunny at Easter, and a glass of non alcoholic wine at my 2 year band anniversary bash.

It's still not the same thing as making bad choices daily. It never will be.

I think you missed my point. Maybe half a dozen times, in over two years of banding? That is not the same as having weight loss surgery, then 3 weeks later eating pizza (and pizza usually is fatty, unless it is the veggie no cheese type)

My point is still that pizza is not healthy. Not once a week, not once a month. It's not healthy 3 weeks post op. It's not healthy 3 years post op.

Yeah, I ate a slice of mud cake on my birthday, a fruit mince pie at Christmas, a choc bunny at Easter, and a glass of non alcoholic wine at my 2 year band anniversary bash.

It's still not the same thing as making bad choices daily. It never will be.

LOL!! Mud pie IS making bad choices! And eating pizza the same number of times is equally unhealthy. But that's okay, there are times it is okay not to be perfect.

I never claimed that eating pizza 3 weeks post op was a good idea, never even inferred such.

You are putting words on my screen. I never claimed eating pizza daily was a good thing. I was verrrrry clear when I wrote in moderation and using common sense. Same as when you eat mud pie.

Just so there are no more misunderstandings, the person I am calling a liar is the registered user "teacher", not anyone else. This person has made rediculous statements. If my posts offended her it was not my intention. S/he has apparantly run a global on my posts in order to take some comments out of context for a reason known only to her. My posts did not single her out until now and only because of rediculous claims. We happen to live in the same area, perhaps we have met in a support group. Who knows?

How do you spell ridiculous and apparently? People who live in glass houses....

How do you spell ridiculous and apparently? People who live in glass houses....

HAHAH honestly! dyslexi is a little too quick to judge others. Maybe she should get a dictionary.

Dislexi, why are you sucking down wine and then lecturing others about eating pizza? LOL! You mentioned here somewhere that you were going to have two glasses of wine with dinner. Don't get me wrong, I love me some wine now and then, but it's no healther (especially two glasses) than a slice of pizza. YOu said yourself -- "WTF? I thought the point was to lose weight, not to eat." Or drink.

Dislexi, why are you sucking down wine and then lecturing others about eating pizza? LOL! You mentioned here somewhere that you were going to have two glasses of wine with dinner. Don't get me wrong, I love me some wine now and then, but it's no healther (especially two glasses) than a slice of pizza. YOu said yourself -- "WTF? I thought the point was to lose weight, not to eat." Or drink.

It's just like a minister. Some folks don't practice what they preach. They expect perfection from OTHERS.

LOL!! Mud pie IS making bad choices! And eating pizza the same number of times is equally unhealthy. But that's okay, there are times it is okay not to be perfect.

I never claimed that eating pizza 3 weeks post op was a good idea, never even inferred such.

You are putting words on my screen. I never claimed eating pizza daily was a good thing. I was verrrrry clear when I wrote in moderation and using common sense. Same as when you eat mud pie.

Mud cake, on my birthday, in my second year of banding (it wasn't a whole cake, just a small slice... I get the feeling you think I sat down and ate a whole mud cake, lol).

I do not eat like crap every day. I do not eat like crap once a week. Or even once a month. A couple of times a year, at family gathering's is not in the same universe as eating pizza once a week / once a month. And letting you in on something... My body hated the cake anyway... I was on the loo for practically the whole day following it.

My daily diet is pretty strict, simply because I feel amazing when I eat well, and run daily. It's the way I feel that drives the way I eat. In my previous life, I felt like shit all the time. Because I ATE like shit all the time. No more. I eat well, to feel well.

I do believe in moderation. Maybe not to the same degree as you, but I was banded to lose weight, and become the healthiest person I could be. And I am. I lost all the weight I needed to, and I am healthier, and fitter than a lot of people who have never been as grossly overweight as I was.

(In best Mr Macky from South Park voice) Mud cake is bad, M'kay. If you eat Mud cake you are bad... M'kay...

And with that I will bow out. I have been as polite as I can be, and again have proved my point to no one but myself! :biggrin1: And in the end, that is what matters people. I know that my -fairly strict looking to someone who has poor eating habits- diet works for me, and I will continue to boycott Pizza, and mud cake (just thinking about it makes me sick) and anything else that is less than ideal.