Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So since the surgery I haven't had the urge to snack, guess I got used to my new diet. However, yesterday at the market I somehow purchased a bag of sour cream and onion chips, my favorite pre op. I ate about 1 ounce, the suggested serving size and felt bad guilty afterwards.. Keep in mind my diet is extremely strict, I follow every doctors orders and I work out 6 days a week... But I still feel like I shouldn't have eaten the damn chips lol..

Don't feel guilty. None of us are perfect and have all had those moments! Just get back on track and not worry about it.

The best advice I've heard is this is not a diet you can't cheat just don't do it every day and just don't eat the whole bag like we used to or two LOL.

You're the only one that knows if you should feel guilty. If you're barely out of surgery and making poor choices or reverting to old habits, well then.......

However, if you've been at this awhile and are closing in on your goal, or cruising along in maintenance......Well then.....I would surely expect you have grown accustomed to new eating habits and choices and know how to recognize any undesirable old habits creeping back in.

That being said.......a little taste of the "forbidden" once in a while, if kept under control......well.....that's for you to decide. ;)

Don't beat yourself up. Just knock off the the nonsense and start again with your next meal.

Bariatric Choice at www.bariatricchoice.com has a large variety of protein-rich chips,, Cookies, crackers, puddings, etc. I order a lot of things from there. You can check it out to see if any of their stuff might be just what you want, but less damaging. I wish you good luck and good health.

It can't be undone. So move forward. Self-bashing does no good. Neither does the "eat something bad--repent by exercising it off--repeat that same behavior again" cycle we've all done our whole lives. WLS is our opportunity to change all that and be free.

I just try to remember that I did this whole thing to change my lifestyle AND my relationship with food. Not to "feel guilty" about my food for the rest of my life. Food for me now is my body's fuel and its medicine. It's a lot easier to make better choices when I think of food that way. The power that those chips have over you right now will lessen with time, the more you continue to work your program. Making the more healthy choice IS often super hard, but try to remember that you are building a new eating lifestyle for the rest of your life and it will become much more routine as you move through your eating stages. The fewer processed foods you choose in your diet, the less your body will crave them. That was the HARDEST thing for me to believe--but really, really, really--it is true. Our bodies do not want what we feed it from a cardboard box or bag that contains that highly processed stuff. And the less you feed it of that processed stuff, the less it eventually wants. It wants and needs REAL food to repair itself and nourish you and your brain.

But of course we live in a society that revolves around the pleasure of eating those processed starchy carbs. One of the many beauties of our bariatric lifestyle is there are so many bariatric-friendly recipes to experiement with that can become our new "go to" treats that you can use to become your replacements to those chips that called your name in the grocery store, and all the other Cookies, cakes, pies, pastries--all the stuff that used to get us in such trouble. Those things don't even tempt me any more because I have built my recipe library of healthy "goodies" that satisfy my cravings yet do make me feel like I'm being deprived of the kinds of foods that "everyone else" eats. This is all a "PROCESS" that takes time. Meanwhile just try to focus right now on getting used to following your eating program the very best you can.