Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Working hard after 18 days post op

:clap2: Hello Bandsters of Mississippi. I am glad to say, this is day 18 for me--after getting the lap band. I am trying my best to do the damn thing. I purchased 3 new bicycles. Two for my 2 boys and me. I have gotten them into the workouts each day. I do the walking 3 days a week at the gym--35 minutes a pop, then leg exercises. Then for the past 2 weeks--I am riding the bike 3 days a week. This week it's been 4-5 days. My boys are nothing but 9 and 11--but they enjoy riding in the cool weather. They are beating me in the races--so far---sons 8--daddy 2.:faint: .....I dress them in layers. So it's fun and my boys now say--they feel great riding as a family. My friends offer me the silly things---get a Woman--maybe she'll slow you down. Or-- losing 107 Pounds--You'll look too poor, you'll look like a crack head. Today--45 minutes and I am spent. My kids love their new bikes and I love having my muscles burn-:biggrin1:

The pain at the port site--minimal.(no pain pills needed) sleeping at night--great. People around me who see me--wonder--what the hell is wrong with me? lol:) ..Finally today--a lady saw me--Said--"It's so nice to see a Daddy ridsing with his soon and with helmets on. We have safety helmets, gloves-they have knee and elbow pads.

They see me riding up and down the apartment complex with the kids--happy. With a simple 12 pounds weight loss---it feels great. I am at 259 from 271. I am wondering so far into the future--how will I feel with a 52 pr 72 pound weight loss? I know the weight may slow down--but I am hoping to pump my body up with this cardio. My goal--2.66 a week. Hey--maybe it'll be less--but I am doing one thing--pushing.

I 'm hoping Dr McGraff-Weaver will be in on Monday morning. She was pregnant and went into premature labor the day after my surgery. She's been off work as long as I have have been recovering. She got her nurse to call me--saying--She will try to see us Monday--all of the Post op's. She tells us--she'll have her child and may not see us again until month #3. So I guess we'll go to one of her associates for our first fill. I have a 9:30 time slot. I am hoping she is ok. Whatever happens from now--I will stay on the bike 3 to 5 days a week and in the Gym. 3 of the days this week--I did double workouts...Gym in the morning--riding with the kiddies in the afternoon...I am waiting for my ok to lift weights. I now will not be a power lifter. I am going to into light weights---no more than 160 pounds--with more reps. A few of the bandsters here have told me--I am going to fail. What a great motivation tool. My goal is set at 163 lbs. If I make it to 173 or 183--will I be mad? No way. I will know I have given this my all. For a Man who is Disabled Veteran-- (A fused back, fused neck, left knee replacement and a torn left shoulder)---why complain? I got all of this in the Army--but--why feel sorry for myself. I am glad I can paddle a bike--lift weights, walk 35 to 45 minutes. I was once told--I will have a limp for life--I once did have one--but it's all gone--God works.....:notagree

Keep up the good work, Lee! You will have some wonderful results! (and I'm talking more than just weight loss & increased health---you are making memories with your kids!):clap2:

Thank you so much. Today I had to take a day off. My kids are great to ride with. I am feeling my age each day. I got the best compliment a Man or Dad could get. I was riding 2 days ago--we got to the park where the young guys shoot ball...One kid said--"I wish my Dad would spend time with me like he does with his sons"...We ride out routes daily--I really don't think of it. Even ladies--teachers who live in the neighborhood have said--are you losing weight? All I have lost is 1o pounds--maybe more now. But I am not going to weigh myself each day. I want to do it each 14 days...I am proud I decided to incorperate my kids. My legs feel funny. They don't feel sore anymore--they feel hot and like blood is rushing through...Ok...thank you again...

LEE, WHAT AN INSPIRATION!!! I dont think I could ride a bike right now...too big...but I cant wait to get one....hubby and I plan on getting one soon!!! Cant wait. GOOD JOB!! Way to go!! Keep up the great job!Deanna