Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just had a fill, am I too full

hi all!

I just had my second fill two days ago. I am very restricted. It is hard to get Water down sometimes. I know I am maybe too full, but I wanted to know if anyone has felt this way after a fill and stuck to liquids and been ok. Will it loosen on its own in a few days?

At the fill, the barium went down fine. Afterwards, I ate a cup of hot Soup very slowly and it went down. On the way home from Tiajuana, I fell asleep and when I woke up it was hard to swallow water. In the later afternoon yesterday I was able to get some more soup down and a Protein Shake later, but by the time I was going to bed, I could barely swallow water again. I have been sliming a lot. Do you think I should go all the way back to get a unfill or sit tight and hope it gets a little looser. Also my tummy is making loud noises like air is trying to get out of the hole when I drink......any experiences would be helpfull.....................

Vintagehound,

did you fly home from Tijuana? My doctor told me that the liquid in the band might expand and it feel that we have more restriction even for a couple of days after surgery.

I hope things work well for you.

we drove home, I heard that about airplanes too. As the day got later today, I was able to eat some Soup, hot food is going down better. I got down a little plain yogurt too. I am hoping that it relaxes a bit but happy to have restriction.

If you have to go that far for a fill, I would wait a few days and see what happens. But be sure you are getting something down and don't get dehydrated. If it's not better in a few days, I would go back and get a slight unfill--you have to be able to eat to be healthy.

If you are not too uncomfortable I'd try sticking it out for at least a week following a fill. That's how long it takes for me to see where I'm really at. My doctor agrees that giving it a few days at least is the best plan BUT if you are really uncomfortable or unable to swallow Water and Protein Shakes then you need to make arrangements to get a slight unfill. Connie is absoulutely right...you must continue to drink water and at least try to get some nutrition through Protein shakes while you wait it out. If you cannot do this then there is no reason to wait before calling for help. Dehydration is dangerous and so is going without nutrition for a few days. So, if you feel like it's truly too tight then it probably is. If you feel like you can wait it out a few more days then you are probably just still swollen and it'll improve. Good luck!

THANKS EVERYONE!

the good news is I lost 3 lbs since thursday. I am still struggling, but holding out. I can not eat or drink anything for about 5 hours after I get up.

By the night time, I can eat a cup of Soup and drink Water slowly. Yesterday, I was able to get down 32oz of water, not enough but better than nothing. I have to crush my synthroid in water to take it now even though it is so little. Also, my tummy sings a big song when it is trying to get water or other down too early in the day. I will update this later on how I am doing. Thanks again!

Zoe

I swell for a good week after a fill, so I never even question whether I'm too tight till a week has gone by. As long as you can swallow Water and your own spit wait for a week before deciding if you're too tight.