Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Menstrual cycle is messed up :(

Yep my period is all screwed up. It's getting better, but it's still weird.

I'm five weeks out from surgery & on my second week of my cycle. So I am guessing this may be normal.

Almost 6 months and its very goofy.....i had the cycle then two weeks later another....right now i have been waiting on "shark week" since mid march...

Shel

Pre-Op I was regular every 25 days.... now I am looking at 38+..... not on birth control.... but apparently your cycle can change do to your hormones changing (that is what my surgery team says)..... it is taking some getting used to :wacko:

I just got mine and it was 10 days late I am assuming it's just my body and hormones adjusting I was hoping to just miss it all together! Lol

I'm totally off, was sleeved 2/18/14 had in March, nothing in April going on into May nothing yet. I'm older so I thought menopause, but no hot flashes yet. So I think hormones are messed up.

Even I had my irregular periods, but as such periods 10 days late is normal, but if it is 3 months late or heavy bleeding lasting for 10 days can be a serious issue that has to be checked from the doctor. I had once heavy bleeding during my menstrual periods, I consulted with my doctor, she gave some medications and suggested me to use coupelle menstruelle so that it is comfortable during heavy bleeding.

I'm 3 years post op, and my period is only back on track for about the last 8 months. WLS causes your body to go into shock, hormone levels go up and down and therefore you might suffer erratic or lost periods for some time after surgery. Your body needs to adjust and reprogram itself. Give it time, don't stress about it. :)

I just had my WLS on 3/23 and been on my cycle this few days does it make u feel more tired and sicker? That would explain why today was a hard day

Really normal to have messed up menstrual cycles after surgery...your cycle has a lot to do with diet and weight. When all of that stabilizes, so will your cycles